No announcement yet.

So who does Nonito fight @ 126?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who does Nonito fight @ 126?

I've heard people make references to Nonito leaving 122 for a easier run at 126. I agree and have been pretty vocal about Nonito taking the easy way to multi-divisional supremacy by doing a hit & run on a number of paper belts.

But in my opinion, 126 is even more stacked than 122 is.

So who does Nonito fight once he gets to 126? With the exception of Billy Dib (no disrespect to Dib fans), Jhonny Gonzalez, Chris John and of course Siri are all pretty serious belt holders.

And the good news for Nonito, he can stroll right by this division without having to face Gamboa or Mikey Garcia.

I'm calling it.... Billy Dib is next.
    Chris John is an automatic no. No way he leaves Indonasia and no way Nonito goes there.

Comment

122 will come up to fight him..

Comment

Billy Dib, Johnny Gonzalez and Orlando Salido.

Comment

dibb, gonzolez and salido are very easy fights for donaire imo. i dunno why ppl think these guys are better than, mares, moreno, rigondeaux and nishioka. 122 is the better weight class as of rite now.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            I'm calling it.... Billy Dib is next.
            Chris John is an automatic no. No way he leaves Indonasia and no way Nonito goes there.
            I was thinkin the same thing on both counts. I'm almost positive that the first fight that will be made at 126 is him & Dib.

Then I might see him taking on Siri for the WBO strap just cuz i feel that's a fight that'll garner some interest.

And I think Siri is a much better boxer than some give him credit for, but I'ma Siri fan, so according to these Nonito stans my opinion is null & void cuz I'm blinded and b**tchin for the fight lol....

Comment

Rigo will move up to 126.....

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                dibb, gonzolez and salido are very easy fights for donaire imo. i dunno why ppl think these guys are better than, mares, moreno, rigondeaux and nishioka. 122 is the better weight class as of rite now.
                I never said they were better than those guys specifically. Moreno is unproven at 122 so i wasn't considering his name in that mix.

I said 126 is more stacked, and I believe it is. There's a lot less wiggle room for Nonito at 126.

Gamboa, Salido, Gonzalez, Mikey Garcia, Lopez, DeLeon, Caballero, John and a few names i probably forgot looks a lot more menacing than

Nishioka, Rigo, Ramos, Shimoda, Poonsawat, Mathebula, Ndlovu and that Canadian guy

Comment

Juanma Lopez would be a possibility too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub Baal View Post
                    Rigo will move up to 126.....
                    Rigo is actually pretty small for 122 as is. Although, judging from my talks with him, he doesn't seem to think so. lol. He'd be pretty open to doing 126 if it means fighting a top guy, but theres still some guys at 122 not named Donaire that he has his sights on.

Comment

Working...
                    X