No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia's nothing special.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

This coming from a guy with Pirog in his avatar.

dam thats one hot babe.......:wank:

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      Because thats how boxing works these days.

Who Did rigo beat to earn the shot he earned?
      Who did Syllakh beat to earn a shot at Pascal?
      Who did Pirog beat to get Danny Jacobs and who did Jacobs beat to even be considered a solid win for Pirog anyhow?

Garcia is going through the motions properly, as he should. The division isn't that deep, he's climbed the ranks, he's in a good position. People have this double standard. Guys like Kell Brook climb the ranks the way fighters USE to climb them, with plenty of fights and experience before the big push.. and guys complain

Then Guys like Garcia try it and suddenly he gets flack and isn't good enough. Truth is, no one knows how good Mikey is until he gets tested.. and who's to say he even gets tested? Intangibles make a fighter, not the style. We have no idea what his intangibles are. how he reacts to different looks, etc, and we don't know how anyone reacts to his looks either since he hasn't given them.

People think boxing is just punch and block, it's not. What you see on the screen is barely the complete package of whats going on. Mikey has a great boxing brain, a level head, and seems to know how to change up his range and speed according to the look he's given. THAT is what makes an elite fighter and that is why people are on board. The kids growing. He's young.

He's 24.. to put things in perspective.. Mayweather and PAcman are 34 and 35. Martinez is what.. 37?

Young fighters are being pushed too soon, and people like you complain that they arent.. then when they are, you complain that they are. Make up your minds already!
      no disrespect to mikey but hes older than both broner and canelo and ppl claim they are being bought along too slow as well. just to put things in persepctive. and u shouldnt mention floyd and pac, by mikeys age, both were considered pretty great fighters in their own rite.

Comment

Garcia is a very good young fighter however his constant comparison to DLH is premature and unrealistic. He does have good power and one thing he does extremely well is control distance, he keeps fighters at the end of his punches and his punches are sharp and crisp. But sometimes he looks bored in there, but then he ko's the guy. I would like to see him get tested by J Gonzalez as a next step.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          no disrespect to mikey but hes older than both broner and canelo and ppl claim they are being bought along too slow as well. just to put things in persepctive. and u shouldnt mention floyd and pac, by mikeys age, both were considered pretty great fighters in their own rite.
          I mention floyd and pac because they represent the last generation of fighters.

Look at Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, etc etc. Look at everyones age and then look at the age of the new stars. Fighters use to grind for a long long time before that big break, it was fine then. Because of the fats rise of MMA, boxing is putting younger fighters to teh forefront sooner than usual now in order to keep the faces fresh and the sport active.

I realize Broner and Canelo are younger - and for people to say they are being brought alogn slow is false too. I think people just want and expect too much of a fighter too soon. It's unfair.

Comment

Garcia is the next Cotto. You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
              Garcia is the next Cotto. You heard it here first.
              Thats a damn good career if so.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                Thats a damn good career if so.
                Style wise, I didn't say anything about how he would do career wise.

Comment

Mikey is a beast. He is a fabulous counter puncher. But the thing that I think is confusing ts & everyone else thats trying to find problems is his patience. He fights tall behind a good guard & jab like he's supposed to. Takes his time & lets the solid power get you as it may.

Comment

He's a solid fighter.

I don't believe he's good enough to beat the top guy in the division or anything like that, but he's got enough about him to win some good fights and make some good money.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
                      Style wise, I didn't say anything about how he would do career wise.
                      I could see the similarities very faintly. But they fight nothing alike. From stance, to tendencies. Cotto admires his work and poses too much. he gets satisfied with landing a punch and then admiring it. Hopefully Mikey doesn't start doing that.

Mikey actually fights a lot like Monzon

Comment

Working...
                      X