Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people be banned for flaming on a religious group?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Should people be banned for flaming on a religious group?

One of the boxingscene rules given by Rick Reeno is "no flaming on family members, religion or race".

I see people get banned regularly for flaming on race.

But there is one poster here who for years has constantly bashed Christians, Muslims and religious Jews.

He has a thread on the main page of the lounge right now, bashing the Jewish religious dress code for women.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5...ermb736459.jpg

In my opinion, this man's bigotry has got to stop.
    No, because some people insult/ridicule his gay lifestyle
    27.78%
    No, because no one takes him seriously anyway
    22.22%
    Yes, we're sick of reading his threads bashing Christians, religious Jews and Muslims
    27.78%
    Yes, people should have respect for each others' religious beliefs
    22.22%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    One of the boxingscene rules given by Rick Reeno is "no flaming on family members, religion or race".

I see people get banned regularly for flaming on race.

But there is one poster here who for years has constantly bashed Christians, Muslims and religious Jews.

He has a thread on the main page of the lounge right now, bashing the Jewish religious dress code for women.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/5...ermb736459.jpg

In my opinion, this man's bigotry has got to stop.

I thought this thread was about me for some weird reason

Comment

So in other words in your opinion his opinions on religions should stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        Squealpiggy has just made a thread "Freedom of Speech".

Yet the middle-aged sodomite keeps me on his ignore list so I can't post in it! What a hypocrite.

:gay:
        lol...can he post in this one?

Comment

What's the fun in that??

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
            lol...can he post in this one?
            Tunney is just trolling a little

Comment

You should be allowed to criticise a religion as long as you are attacking the concept and principals of it rather than making sweeping, inflammatory generalisations about its practitioners.

Comment

I dont know much about the person the topic is about. I voted yes though on the basis that this forum has way too much hate and **** talking all together. Its pretty disgusting.

Theres A LOT of people that are obvious trolls that should be banned. Your guess is as good as mine as to why they are still here.

Judging by the number of threads I see from people complaining that mods need to be cycled out and replaced, Im guessing Im not alone in my thoughts.

Comment

Bashings someones religion is like bashing someones race.. I don't like it but I don't want it to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    Yes. He's free to reply in here.
                    About time.

The topic I made about freedom of speech was inspired by this one but is not in fact about this topic. It's something I hold to of vital importance.

On attacking a religion you are attacking an ideology. Much as you can say that communism is bad or that capitalism is nasty I hold religion in the same regard. The difference between religion and other ideologies is simply that adherents to religion are told that they must feel offended by any criticism of their faith.

Religion is inhuman due to the fact that by its nature the ideology claims to be more important than the lives of its adherents. And when ideas begin to be held in higher regard than peoples' lives, they cross the line into atrocity.

EDIT Disappointingly Tunney has seen fit to put me back on his ignore list. Despite ongoing harassment from him I was willing to let bygones be bygones as long as he was willing to behave like an adult, but apparently he doesn't feel the same way.
                    Last edited by squealpiggy; 06-14-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X