Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Patricia Morse Jarman still allowed to judge fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Patricia Morse Jarman still allowed to judge fights?

I have heard that it's confirmed she will be one of the judges in the Juan Diaz - Juan Manuel Marquez rematch and I have to question how this is allowed. Here are some of the reasons why...

1. Gabriel Campillo L12 Beibut Shumenov - She had Shumenov winning 117-111 in a fight that Campillo dominated and was robbed. If you don't believe me then judge it for yourself and you will see that Campillo outworked, outboxed, outclassed and outpunched Shumenov in almost every round. I scored the fight 118-110 and I maybe could have had it 117-111 or 116-112 but there is absolutley no way Shumenov won the fight. She had him winning 9 out of 12 rounds.

Here is a quote from Campillo's manager, Sampson Lewkowicz :

"I demand a full investigation on the judge who scored 117-111 [Patricia Morse Jarman]. It was another travesty for boxing. I want a full investigation on the judge. That judge put a black eye on boxing and a black eye on all of the judges in Nevada and all the people of Nevada. She can never come back to judge again. She is either blind or got paid off - one of the two. Keith Kizer is one the best commissioners and he will never allow that [for her to judge again]."

But she is being allowed to judge again. Unbelievable!

Of course this is the main reason why I believe she shouldnt be allowed to ever judge again but here are some more examples of her bizarre scoring.

2. Oscar De La Hoya vs Fernando Vargas - She had Vargas ahead 97-94 going into the 11th round. Meaning of the 10 rounds she gave SIX to Vargas and just THREE to De La Hoya and one even. I think most people will agree with me that it was a competitive fight but after about Round 5 - De La Hoya just took control prior to his KO over Vargas. Giving SIX of the first 10 rounds to Vargas and only THREE to Oscar is something that has to be questioned.

3. Juan Manuel Marquez vs Marco Antonio Barrera - She had Marquez winning by five points in a fight that I thought was extremely close. I actually had Barrera winning by one point, You can make a case for Marquez winning but I thought 116-111 was unrealistic. So much for "taking the title from the champion", Barrera was given the raw deal in that fight. It could easily have been a majority or split decision.

4. Marco Antonio Barrera vs Naseem Hamed - She had Barrera winning 115-112. I'm British but come on, Your tripping if you think Naz won more than 3 rounds. Barrera whooped his ass and controlled the fight. How can you call that a close fight? I dont understand.

5. Zab Judah vs Rafael Pineda - She had Judah winning 115-112, I like Zab but he lost this fight. He scored a knockdown but after the first 4 rounds Pineda controlled the fight. This isnt a "big" fight, I feel Judah got the decision because he was the big name and had just came off the 1st loss to Spinks. He had to win, I think she had that more in mind that who was actually doing the work in the rounds. If Pineda was a big name in his prime, He would have got the win.

I'm curious to know what people think about this. There have been controversial judges with controversial scorecards before but this women has shown herself to be incapable of scoring a fight before. And I just don't understand how you can allow her to judge again after the Campillo-Shumenov fight which was travesty of a robbery. As bad as anything the sport has ever seen before. It's bad for boxing that people like her arent questioned or just removed from judging for good. Boxing doesnt need big name judges it just needs people who do their job right, And she does not.
    Last edited by JK1700; 07-25-2010, 02:49 AM.

Im with you 100% on this one. Boxing needs to clean house badly when it comes to judges who cant judge fights fairly and/or correctly. Considering the fact that Diaz got a nice "gift" win not too long ago, I wouldnt be very happy about this if I was Marquez. Lucky for him I dont think the judges will be involved.

Comment

I want some opinion on this.

Comment

They can't fire her because she's black. Pretty easy to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
          Im with you 100% on this one. Boxing needs to clean house badly when it comes to judges who cant judge fights fairly and/or correctly. Considering the fact that Diaz got a nice "gift" win not too long ago, I wouldnt be very happy about this if I was Marquez. Lucky for him I dont think the judges will be involved.
          I agree, What gets me is it seems like people want big name judges for fights. But we don't, We just need judges who score the fights properly and fairly. Mrs Jarman has a history of controversial scoring, I hope it doesnt come into play but having her their always leaves the chance of a robbery. And that shouldnt be allowed, Marquez and Diaz should be able to have the mindset of "I can go into this fight and outbox him and get the win fairly" but after the Campillo-Shumenov fight, There will be doubts in their mind's about the judging and Golden Boy's possible influence on them.

Especially since Diaz NEEDS to win this fight to save his career and Marquez is close to the end of his career. We'll have to wait and see what happens, Hopefully there won't be any controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
            They can't fire her because she's black. Pretty easy to see.
            They arent "firing her", She gets assigned as a judge for these big fights despite the controversy of Campillo-Shumenov. The power's that are in boxing should not allow people like her to "judge" again.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
              They arent "firing her", She gets assigned as a judge for these big fights despite the controversy of Campillo-Shumenov. The power's that are in boxing should not allow people like her to "judge" again.
              Uh, same ****ing difference, chief. She's black AND a woman...she ain't going nowhere...trust me. She gets assigned because she she can play the race card AND the woman card if they were to ever NOT assign her. She'll be a judge as long as she wants to be one...unfortunately.

Comment

for a win , TWO judges are required... THREE for a UD........

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  Exactly, I never said otherwise. But if you could avoid having a women who doesnt know how to score fights judging fights....Then why wouldnt you?

She shouldn't be allowed to judge. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    I just loked up Hamed-Barrera it was a UD, 111-117, 112-115, 112-115.
                    Jarman scored 112-115. So one respected Judge scored the same, 112-115, and the otherscored it actually much wider than Jarman...................

I couldn't be bothered looking up the other fights, I think I have a reasonable idea as to how they were scored.

Comment

Working...
                    X