No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terrazas To Get Juan Manuel Marquez Boost For 4/20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terrazas To Get Juan Manuel Marquez Boost For 4/20

Victor "El Vikingo” Terrazas (36-2-1, 21 KO’s) will receive a big boost in training camp. The boxer says Mexican superstar Juan Manuel Marquez will be giving him pointers and helping him in training camp. Terrazas will face Cristian Mijares (47-6-2, 22 KO’s) for the vacant WBC super bantamweight title on April 20th at the Arena in Mexico City. In his last match, Mijares stopped Juan Manuel's younger brother Rafael Marquez in nine rounds, so there is some family revenge motivation for Juan Manuel to help Terrazas. Azteca 7 will televise the match.

[Click Here To Read More]

Oh god, I didn't know this was for the belt

Comment

The wording of the title I found amusing

Comment

Ya that title had me puzzled until I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Oh god, I didn't know this was for the belt
          Well terrazas was due a shot at mares before he moved up. This is a pretty good fight though

Comment

Mijares is well past his prime it seems as doesn't have the motivation that he once when he was a top P4P fighter, but I think he might still have enough left to beat Terrazas if he fights smart.

He seems to have well and truly gone away from his old approach of brilliant defensive fighting and a busy offense. Much more conservative now, and much slower too.

Still, I kind of hope he wins it. I like Mijares.

Comment

Working...
            X