Atlas Foundation Acts to Restore Boxer's(My great-grandfather's) dignity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas Foundation Acts to Restore Boxer's(My great-grandfather's) dignity

http://hubpages.com/hub/Atlas-Founda...Boxers-Dignity

My great great garndfather beat hall of Fame fighter Mickey Walker 2 out of the 3 times they fought

Remember when you posted this a while a go, how is it going ?.
    Think I donated a bit of money but it was a while a go, may contribute some more on pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Remember when you posted this a while a go, how is it going ?.
      Think I donated a bit of money but it was a while a go, may contribute some more on pay day.
      its done already the tombstone was installed .. Thanks alot for the donation.. they just put in the tombstone and we are gonna have a formal memorial service sometime during the summer the date is contingent on whien the mayor of yonkers is available

Comment

Originally posted by JoHnNyBoXeR View Post
        its done already the tombstone was installed .. Thanks alot for the donation.. they just put in the tombstone and we are gonna have a formal memorial service sometime during the summer the date is contingent on whien the mayor of yonkers is available
        Thats pretty cool man! Congratulations and good luck with your own career!

Comment

Mickey Walker had teh cooler hair style though.

Comment

A good story, glad to hear it and glad to hear about the nice tombstone for your grandfather.

Comment

The Tombstone was put in ... It's a beautful memorial.. We r having the memorial service on July 22nd and the Mayor of Yonkers and some retired boxers who are part of Ring 8 will be there along with my family and friends.. Also Cablevision News will most likely be on hand.. i hope I get the chance to meet Teddy and thank him and the representatives of Ring 8 and whoever made a donation.. This memorial was done very quickly and I am forever grateful

Comment

The Tombstone was put in ... It's a beautful memorial.. We r having the memorial service on July 22nd and the Mayor of Yonkers and some retired boxers who are part of Ring 8 will be there along with my family and friends.. Also Cablevision News will most likely be on hand.. i hope I get the chance to meet Teddy and thank him and the representatives of Ring 8 and whoever made a donation.. This memorial was done very quickly and I am forever grateful
                Congratulations!! Make sure to give special thanks to Henry Hascup who is part of Ring 8 and a great contributor to both here and ESB.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Congratulations!! Make sure to give special thanks to Henry Hascup who is part of Ring 8 and a great contributor to both here and ESB.
                  Will do.. It makes me proud to be part of the boxing community.. Its a tight knit community especially here in NY.. Its far different from all the other sports.. U can go to the gym or a show one day and all of a sudden be training or standing next to Paul Malignaggi, Zab Judah, Iran Barkley, doug Dewitt Luis Collazo like its nothin.. U cant go to the batting cages at City Island and all of a sudden be hittin next to Jeter or Arod.. Or go to the Park in the neigborhood and shoot baskets with Carmelo Anthony.. Its a one of a kind sport and mostly every member of the boxing community and every world champion ive met is a humble person and a really nice person and it goes to show through stories like this

Comment

Will do.. It makes me proud to be part of the boxing community.. Its a tight knit community especially here in NY.. Its far different from all the other sports.. U can go to the gym or a show one day and all of a sudden be training or standing next to Paul Malignaggi, Zab Judah, Iran Barkley, doug Dewitt Luis Collazo like its nothin.. U cant go to the batting cages at City Island and all of a sudden be hittin next to Jeter or Arod.. Or go to the Park in the neigborhood and shoot baskets with Carmelo Anthony.. Its a one of a kind sport and mostly every member of the boxing community and every world champion ive met is a humble person and a really nice person and it goes to show through stories like this

I feel ya. When I fought years ago everybody knew everybody. We didn't have as many big names, but it was a special feeling!! Boxers for the most part are accessible and easy going.

Comment

Working...
                    X