Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic Has No Problem With Facing Joe Joyce Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic Has No Problem With Facing Joe Joyce Next

Hrgovic Ready To Fight - MGM National Harbor, Oxon Hill - Making his debut in the United States, heavyweight Olympian Filip Hrgovic (8-0, 6 KOs), who captured a bronze medal in the 2016 games, blew away Gregory Corbin (15-2, 9 KOs) in one round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can’t see this happening, but Hrigovic appears to have a technical edge over Joyce. Would favour him in a close fight at this stage...

So many interesting pairings to be made over the next few years with Efe, Hrigovic, Joyce, Yoka, Dubois or Gorman. Even Zheng and Dychko coming into the mix.

Should hopefully provide some good prospect square offs and some crossroads fights with the likes of Ortiz, Whyte, Chisora, Povetkin alongside the big 3.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
      Can’t see this happening, but Hrigovic appears to have a technical edge over Joyce. Would favour him in a close fight at this stage...

So many interesting pairings to be made over the next few years with Efe, Hrigovic, Joyce, Yoka, Dubois or Gorman. Even Zheng and Dychko coming into the mix.

Should hopefully provide some good prospect square offs and some crossroads fights with the likes of Ortiz, Whyte, Chisora, Povetkin alongside the big 3.
      You got Usyk too.

Even add Pulev, Charr, Hughie Fury, Dave Allen, Ruiz, Fat Polish guy who ducked AJ, Miller after his tiny ban, Breazale at that level below.

It’s a great division really with plenty of depth to the point where unlike other divisions you can’t really avoid making them.

That’s 24 we’ve listed between us.

I don’t think I could do that with another division.

Even then you’ve got Kabayel, Hunter, ....

Jesus H.

People who crap on that division don’t really like boxing imo.

It’s easy to make good matches in that division

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        You got Usyk too.

Even add Pulev, Charr, Hughie Fury, Dave Allen, Ruiz, Fat Polish guy who ducked AJ, Miller after his tiny ban, Breazale at that level below.

It’s a great division really with plenty of depth to the point where unlike other divisions you can’t really avoid making them.

That’s 24 we’ve listed between us.

I don’t think I could do that with another division.

Even then you’ve got Kabayel, Hunter, ....

Jesus H.

People who crap on that division don’t really like boxing imo.

It’s easy to make good matches in that division
        ..Makhmudov, Gassiev etc. Fun division as long as the top 20 actually fight each other.

Comment

Meh..neither of them is champ material so it doesn't interest me much.

Maybe Joyce will have an upper hand given how many (amateur) losses Hrgovic has. Plus, he went the distance with two unknowns. Not really a good record so far but he is improving.

Comment

cant help myself but all These Balkan Boys look like really true criminals,damned

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              ..Makhmudov, Gassiev etc. Fun division as long as the top 20 actually fight each other.
              I’d forgotten about Gassiev moving up! Really interesting division. Like you say they’ve just got to start actually fighting each other. Props to Gorman and Dubois for getting on with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Just the sheer number there.

Dunno if we mentioned Parker. Even Takam is a good heavy

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
                  Meh..neither of them is champ material so it doesn't interest me much.

Maybe Joyce will have an upper hand given how many (amateur) losses Hrgovic has. Plus, he went the distance with two unknowns. Not really a good record so far but he is improving.
                  What record should he have in 7 fights ? Hrgovic also has taking Wilder punches and can out box him from a clip I saw, to say he's not championship material is far from truth if you've ever seen VitalI Klitschko because they are about 95% identical in everything.

Comment

Look at his Amateur fights....tons of losses there. I know Amateurs and Pro fights are different, but they do tell about a person. Champs have also had amateur losses but usually one or two not lots of them. Also, the initial fights are the easier ones and he has gone the distance with two guys.

So, that is not a good record "SO FAR". But I do agree and have said that he is improving. Even Pacquiao lost (a KO for that matter) in his 4th fight I believe. If he keeps improving, he can become a prospect but that is an IF. Depends on how his next few fights go particularly when he steps up the competition. At THIS STAGE, I do not rank him very high.

Comment

Working...
                    X