No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Says Alfredo Angulo Will Be Foe on March 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    he just fought the best fighter [and junior middleweight] on the planet.
    Yes sir he did but that is a fight everyone wants. It was a payday fight. Risks would imply Lara or Molina. Unification fights. He won a vacant title vs Matthew Hatton of all ppl and title defenses vs ryan rhodes, shot carlos baldomir and lovemore ndou and lightwelterweight josesito lopez lol. Go on boxrec and scrutinize his record and it makes all the sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
      At 25 years old Erislandy Lara was fighting a 4-21-2 Deniss Aleksejevs, LMAO.

Imagine Canelo right now at 23 fighting a 4-21-2 fighter.
      Yea in his second pro fight and that was the ONLY person he fought with a losing record. Meanwhile cAnelo fought Francisco vallanueva 3 times. He kod him twice and then won a SD lol. He's lucky that fight has no video he prob got his ass whooped with judges already paid off

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        for starters, angulo is not the durable fighter he once was. he's coming off of his second stoppage loss. he took a life changing beating against james kirkland. knocking him out off of a stoppage loss isn't going to be some massive feat.

KO'd? i won't lie and say that he's kayo'd a durable, prime JMW because he hasn't. the baldomir knockout was good looking, and clearly a hard punch, but baldomir was ancient, and did his best work at WW.

the best fighter that alvarez has hurt was trout. he was able to hurt him seriously with one punch. you can ask trout how hard canelo punches if you'd like. if he's candid, he will say that he punches hard enough to knock a junior middleweight out, especially if he is allowed to land consistently and in combination.

if you watch enough boxing you can get a good idea how hard a guy punches by observing how his opponents react to getting hit. there's an involuntary physical reaction [the head flying around, legs going,] but there's also a tactical one. alvarez opponents have all behaved like he can punch hard.

lara's movement isn't very professional when he's pressured. he still boxes a bit like an amateur. a professional who knows how to cut the ring off will sometimes perform better against a better boxer than he will against a hard puncher who can't box as well.

i'm curious, do you honestly think lara punches harder than canelo?
        Agree on Angulo, however he looked much better vs Lara than one fight prior, when he really did look like ****. If that guy shows up, I have a hard time seeing how Canelo holds him off with his slow feet and bad stamina. I suppose he could try blasting him out early like Tapia tried vs Kirkland. Supposedly Canelo is an excellent counterpuncher, but I still haven't seen him do this with a hard charging big SWW.

I never said Lara punches harder, but now that you mention it, I'm not sure it's a big difference. Lara hurt Trout just as bad or worse. Canelo was mostly unloading on smaller guys, so hard to gauge his true power.

Comment

• PPV??? Really? This undercard better be a blockbuster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
            Ohhhhh so canelo can't make a fight? What he's not exciting enough?? Lol
            sad to say but its the $$$ no one wants to watch a runner unless its floyd.

Believe me I wanted Canelo Lara but I suppose Molina will beat him again....

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              Yes sir he did but that is a fight everyone wants. It was a payday fight. Risks would imply Lara or Molina. Unification fights. He won a vacant title vs Matthew Hatton of all ppl and title defenses vs ryan rhodes, shot carlos baldomir and lovemore ndou and lightwelterweight josesito lopez lol. Go on boxrec and scrutinize his record and it makes all the sense.

risks without the money are what you want from him?

mayweather was a greater risk than both of those fighters. he's the best on the planet. the reward was higher.

i don't need boxrec to scrutinize the record of canelo alvarez.

Comment

• Meh. Interesting, but he's fighting the guy who quit against Lara rather than Lara. That sucks.

Guess Golden Boy is going to hope Molina beats Lara so they can forget about him.

Comment

• I'll buy it...I hope it is at most $40 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

No need to. Mosley said he punches as hard as Floyd. That isn't saying much is it?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

shane mosley thinks he's still got it. does he?

if you think floyd and alvarez have the same punching power there's nothing i can do for you.

they also fought at JMW, where you have 10 oz gloves. that's 25% more weight, and there's a marked difference in the amount of padding over the knuckles.
                    He was the one in the ring with them not me. You can believe what YOU want or we can believe him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                      I dont read anything you post because you're an Amir Khan fan

Log off

Comment

Working...
                      X