No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez VS Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
    Has this been confirmed, that Sergio said yes to may 5th?
    I do believe it is the talk right now. Another big fight, where it could make the fight PPV and do well. And I believe Sergio is dropping to 154, if the fight occurs!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
      I do believe it is the talk right now. Another big fight, where it could make the fight PPV and do well. And I believe Sergio is dropping to 154, if the fight occurs!
      OMFG! Make this happen. I don't care what people say about this fight. Canelo is a very very dangerous opponent for Sergio. I could see either guy winning. Of course I favor Sergio, but don't sleep on Canelo.

Fight of the year candidate.

Comment

I see this fight a high risk and high reward for both fights. If Canelo would win he beat the middle weight king. If Sergio were to win, he shows age is still not a factor for him.
        Im personally a fan of both fighters, but if Canelo where to Connect, it could make Sergio Sleep. Canelo has the speed Chavez Jr, doesn't have, the same power, and good boxing ability.

I do believe Sergio is contemplating that fight because a fight with Floyd is not in his Cards!
        Mayweather is the goal, and beating Canelo gets him much closer to that goal.

Comment

The thing is Canelo is a much more all around boxer than Chavez Jr and has power. So a dangerous fight for both of them, and that is why I have a lot if respect for Sergio.
          If the fight happens and Sergio wins at 154 he should be named #2 or #3 pound for pound.

Comment

Sergio KO's him. Alvarez is good but he gets tagged too easily and Sergio's movement will give him fits.

Comment

I think it's a very close fight that could go either way and either man could win by KO or on points. Alvarez is getting better and stonger and Martinez is amazing but he is getting older. I am a big Alvarez fan and I believe in his courage, dedication, and skills. I voted Alvarez by decision. Martinez is tough, smart, and game, with great skill so I think he goes the distance and makes it a close fight.

Comment

I dont see how people can call this a close fight. Martinez is a proven champion that has been force to fight at the middleweightt level because superwelter weight titleholders are afraid to face him. Alvarez has does nothing to show that he can contend with a legitimate superwelter weight. I do believe he is a skillful fighter, however beating fighters that fight well above their natural weight class does not display an accurate display of punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                  Do you think Goldenboy would throw Canelo in with Martinez????high risk low reward...hell no
                  Yes, Martinez have the perfect style to loss by KO against Canelo

Comment

Canelo has been trying for months now to land a significant opponent but he still has a lot of haters saying he refuses to face tough comp. I think he is the real deal. He has speed, power, and skills. He still has something to prove, but I would be betting on Canelo in a fight against Martinez. I think it would be an outstanding contest. I guarantee Floyd will never face him.

Comment

The thing is Canelo is a much more all around boxer than Chavez Jr and has power. So a dangerous fight for both of them, and that is why I have a lot if respect for Sergio.
                      If the fight happens and Sergio wins at 154 he should be named #2 or #3 pound for pound.
                      He is now, even on your list. Most people that are not in some la la land about Pac and Floyd have Martinez or Ward as 1 or 2 either way. Martinez beats the wheels off Canelo. Canelo has yet to beat a top 154 pounder how the hell is going to fight the Middle weight champion of the world and top P4P guy, this is a tune up for Martinez as he tries to get a shot at Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X