No announcement yet.

Rare Tyson And Foreman News Story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Tyson And Foreman News Story

This is a weirdly done News story, so dont take offense, its all in fun.....i think lol , Again this was filmed from my TV so sorry about the quality .Enjoy.

Rooster

Thanks for the video.

Some good points by that Boxing-writer who basically said Tyson may question if he may have been doing something wrong and may possibly fiddle with his style (after the loss to Douglas). I think it is called making the mistake of leaving what got you there (like Floyd Patterson said). There was only one way he was going to be good again and that was driving back to Catskill.

The other noted point was from the other guy who brought up how Foreman looked happy...something else Tyson didn't seem to be at that point which was covered in one of his documentaries.

Foreman was something else and beat the odds.

One was going up while the other was going down like that boxing-writer {Wallace Mathe???} suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
      Thanks for the video.

Some good points by that Boxing-writer who basically said Tyson may question if he may have been doing something wrong and may possibly fiddle with his style (after the loss to Douglas). I think it is called making the mistake of leaving what got you there (like Floyd Patterson said). There was only one way he was going to be good again and that was driving back to Catskill.

The other noted point was from the other guy who brought up how Foreman looked happy...something else Tyson didn't seem to be at that point which was covered in one of his documentaries.

Foreman was something else and beat the odds.

One was going up while the other was going down like that boxing-writer {Wallace Mathe???} suggested.

Sorry His name is Wallace Matthews,(Name cuts off because i have a huge HD Plasma and my camera cant cover the whole screen sorry ) and you can see why he would think ones goin up and ones going down.

George Foreman 40+ year old man on a Comeback and he is fighting a ranked fighter.

While Mike Tyson The Former Heavyweight Champion of the world isnt fighting a ranked fighter.

Rooster

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
        Sorry His name is Wallace Matthews,(Name cuts off because i have a huge HD Plasma and my camera cant cover the whole screen sorry ) and you can see why he would think ones goin up and ones going down.

George Foreman 40+ year old man on a Comeback and he is fighting a ranked fighter.

While Mike Tyson The Former Heavyweight Champion of the world isnt fighting a ranked fighter.

Rooster
        That and some were already saying Tyson was on the way down after the Bruno showing which Tyson himself seems to indicate he wasn't exactly at his best (which was his fault).

The Tillman fight was right after Douglas so it isn't all that unusual for a fighter to try to get a rebuilding fight under his belt after losing such a one-sided battle in his previous. They may have felt Tillman was the best opponent for Tyson becausee Tyson had lost to him in the amateurs, so a KO win over Tillman would serve to help Tyson rebound in confidence to fight someone that had already beaten him before.

To Tyson's credit, he did want the rematch against Douglas and Buster turned his offer down...as well as Tyson going on to fight Ruddock twice who I think was the #1 contender in order to set up a fight with Holyfield who had won the title against Douglas.

Either way, Tyson was still going down compared to where he was at his peak and there was only once way to get back up which he didn't do. I found it interesting that Floyd Patterson in an S.I. article I read, offered his services to Tyson free of charge but he never got a response back. I wonder if Tyson even knew about it.

Foreman was continuing on his road to build himself up.
        Last edited by Benny Leonard; 07-22-2009, 03:55 AM.

Comment

For years News Reporters and writers joked around with Foreman (Just like the guy in this video) calling him Old and fat , It was very funny to see how they all dug into there little holes after the Holyfield fight.

But i do enjoy this news story, Its somthing diffrent and light hearted, I find it funny.

Rooster

Comment

Cheers!... I enjoyed watching that... More of a satorical view, doesn't go a miss.. Who was the Charles Manson look alike, just b4 the end..?

Comment

Working...
            X