No announcement yet.

Everybody's an expert...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody's an expert...

Anybody had this around them since they started boxing? All of a sudden everybody is a god damn expert about boxing despite they fact they've never been in a gym or even properly watched a fight, and if they've watched a fight they don't really watch boxing, they watch two men hitting each other not understanding the transfer of weight, the different punches and so on. I mean I constantly get told stuff I should do by people who don't even go into a normal god damn gym let alone a boxing one. People really have no ****ing clue how to fight yet everybody thinks they can lecture you, the boxer, about how to do it despite the fact that you are the one who does it and gets taught and they have no idea. Has anybody had this?

Also, for those who are abit smaller, i'm 6ft and like 152lbs, that means i'm slim right? But the first thing people ask me when I box is "what weight class are you?" because they straight away think "pfff well he must be ****, he's not very built", i've been in the ring with people twice my size and won, held my own and lost, the same way anybody who's 200lb would be against the same people.

Or have any of you had it when people think they can just start jabbing you in the body and it's all ok, they walk in your room and put on your gloves and start ****ing hitting you and you really want to retaliate because it really pisses you off and can hurt but you know if you aim for their stomach you're going to do a straight backhand with properly weight transfer and wind them like hell or end up throwing an uppercut into their stomach, chest and risk smacking their chin so you just try and block and tell them to stop.

Boxing is the most amazing sport in the world but sometimes people stress me out about it, either you're automatically aggressive or sick in the head or they think they can lecture you or try and wind you up.

This is kind of a rant but do any of you get the same?

yep i get the same lol,

wen people who dont box say , lets spar,

and i do , i just go eays and cover up and jab and go light becuase theyre probably no where near my weight, and then after wuds people say,

''youre not even good at boxing'' im like yea wtf, i wasnt even trying.

Comment

I feel people expect way to much from spars there not actually real fights so when people say you have no power etc.. that is kinda lame cause you cant always take someones head off.

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
        I feel people expect way to much from spars there not actually real fights so when people say you have no power etc.. that is kinda lame cause you cant always take someones head off.
        sterling i look forward to when you post... but not for what you post...

these bitches, ****in christ

Comment

Reed' by calling me a ***** you're not intimidating me in the slightest, by the fact I can get you worked up means you're my *****.

Comment

Erm.. I dont think hes calling you a *****? He said he looks forwars to sterling posting because of the bitches in his sig/avatar. =/

I think an apology is due to Reedick.

Comment

Yeah most of the time I just shrug and say "different strokes for different folks, you do it your way I'll do it mine". Most of the time I can sort of see where theyre coming from but their lack of experience makes it hard to even explain to them what is wrong with what they just said, plus most guys get defensive because boxing is a guy thing and think coz they got in a few schoolyard scraps b4 that lasted maybe 1 minute.

Comment

See what you mean, seems there was a misunderstanding, my apologies.

Comment

You fought someone 12ft. tall and 304 lbs?

You're a gawdamn beast!

Comment

I actually had this conversation....

Him: "You been boxing, huh? Gonna have some fights?"

Me: "Yeah, I'm training, would love to compete we'll see how it goes."

Him: "You should look up my old trainer he is the ****. His name is ______."

Me: "Cool... did you train out in Brooklyn with him?"

Him: "Nah, in Staten Island he had a gym set up in his garage"

Me: "Oh...."

Him: "I would whoop your ass..."

Me: "Probly would"

Him: "I've sparred 10 guys and knocked them all out, after that noone would spar with me, they called me Tommy Guns"

Me: "Isn't Tommy Guns from Rocky 5?"

Comment

Working...
                    X