Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being a bodybuilder give you an advantage for fighting ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Checheni_Lamara View Post
    Have you ever done boxing ? Sorry I'm asking because if you did you should know its soooo tiring. Someone who makes boxing traning 3 days in a week cannot work on bodybuilding. First to think of this .
    Exactly, and vice versa. If you're hitting the gym hard for muscle gain you wouldn't have the time to train your fighting skills that intensively.

Comment

If the fight turns into a wrestling match (which most fights do) the bodybuilder would have a big strength advantage. I'm not talking about people that have had fight training.

Comment

Not the size of the dog......

Comment

Only if you try to wrestle with him, or he gets a good jump on you and grabs you before you can do anything.

Also, some unsuspecting guys might be intimidated by someone who's overly muscular. So there could be a psychological advantage in some cases.

Comment

It helps... I mean two equally unskilled fighters (lets say same temperament and heart)...my money is on the one who takes care of his body and has the strength advantage.

Comment

If you can somehow maneuver the bodybuilder near a reflective window of some kind he will be unable to resist checking himself out.....and then you can clock him. Advantage = you.

Comment

Bodybuilders tend to gas out easily. Too much muscle mass that they have to get blood and oxygen to.

If you can outlast them they will start coughing up a lung eventually.

Remember when Mariusz Pudzianowski was turning purple in one of his MMA matches?

Comment

Hell no I used to bartend on Water Street in Milwaukee and I would see manlet meatheads get wrecked over and over by anyone who can throw a punch. Most of the manlet meatheads were wrestlers and instantly go for takedowns and end up getting their faces destroyed by uppercuts.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    Hell no I used to bartend on Water Street in Milwaukee and I would see manlet meatheads get wrecked over and over by anyone who can throw a punch. Most of the manlet meatheads were wrestlers and instantly go for takedowns and end up getting their faces destroyed by uppercuts.
                    This is true. Or punched on the side or back of the head. Seen it... Done it.. No one wants to get raped on the ground by some buff dude lol

Comment

Yes it does.....if you know how to fight

Comment

Working...
                      X