Khan essentially trained himself for a large part of the Garcia camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuses after excuses.

Comment

Training yourself doesn't make you get sparked out and dancing around like a chicken. He can't take a punch, thats always been clear. It was only a matter of time.

Comment

roach couldnt have trained his chin. I think Freddie should probably call it quits but he's getting too much blame

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
            That's not good for any boxer, even a highly experienced Vet. Roach not dedicating 100% to Khan might have been the reason behind Khan's regression in the Garcia fight. His defence was real bad for the most part, it's like his skill level went back in time. If Roach had been training him more regularly he probably wouldn't have made the same sort of mistakes.

Roach is no defence expert, but Khan was keeping his hands low for a lot of that fight and I would think that even a basic trainer would have corrected that. Also his upper body movement was non-existent. Plus in the sparring video he was fighting the exact same way, making the same sort of mistakes.
            Are you Khans sister? Are you on his payroll? Do you blow Khan?

Just a couple of questions off the top of my head on why are you still making excuses for someone that got ktfo last saturday.

Comment

I'm so sick of hearing this. All everyone has been talking about for the past few years is how great Roach has done with Khan. Now he loses and suddenly he needs a new trainer.

You don't need to fire your trainer every time you lose, it's part of the sport.

Khan losing this fight to Garcia had nothing to do with Roach, or his training for that matter. It's not like he wasn't sharp, it's not like he wasn't strong. All that was a product of a good trainer and good training.

He got knocked out because he can't take a shot, never could... Plain and simple

Khan blames everyone and everything for his losses, except himself.

Comment

its true khans showing signs in the last few fights that his training isnt going great. I saw the sparring where Khan looked real amateur. in retrospect now you can see he must have been training himself for that session because of the comments he made.. roach cant dedicate the full training camp to Khan then he'd be better with another decent trainer. i mean a lot of roach fighters have been losing lately, maybe that illness has something to do with it too or maybe he just spreading himself too thinly?

Comment

LOL Khan is not making excuses. He is looking for improvements!

Comment

Originally posted by fix View Post
                    i know what you mean, i think roach is limited as a trainer. He was limited as a fighter too, so if he didn't demonstrate the best skills in the ring, how can he teach skills that he doesnt even know and didn't practise himself. Plus i think the illness he has is another factor which makes him even less effective as a trainer.
                    that is the first sensible post i have seen you write

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                      Training yourself doesn't make you get sparked out and dancing around like a chicken. He can't take a punch, thats always been clear. It was only a matter of time.
                      If Wladimir trained himself he would have got knocked out in every fight. Just saying... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X