Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I'm having serious pains in my kneecaps/legs and can't afford to go to the doctors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm having serious pains in my kneecaps/legs and can't afford to go to the doctors

Can I buy medicine from a place like walgreens or riteaid? I'm not asking for a steroid but a muscle relaxer maybe? Do you think muscle relaxers would heal the pain in my kneecaps?

i would suggest heat and nsaids such as advil, motrin or aleve.

Comment

muscles or joints? how old are u cause its a normal thing for teenage guys to get some thing were u have knee pain my bro had it. forgot what its called.

but tim horton is right.

Comment

Take a break from activity for a few weeks. Buy a knee brace, the one with the hole in the front. It will stabilize your knee cap. Then when it heals, warm up properly, you cannot skip this part anymore. Then do your work, when you are finished, ice them bad boys while watching tv or whatever you do for about 30 minutes.

That will be your routine from now on unless you get no pain from your knees anymore.

If you continue to have pain in the knees, you will have to see a doctor. Even a local clinic will do. Something. To see if you tore anything or spur/chipped bones. If still nothing, then you will simply have to always do the above.

knee brace may be something you will have to keep on you whenever you do physical activity. just lettin you know.

I luckily don't have to always use a knee brace anymore. I use it at times though, when i feel my knee seems unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
          muscles or joints? how old are u cause its a normal thing for teenage guys to get some thing were u have knee pain my bro had it. forgot what its called.

but tim horton is right.
          I'm 24 turning 25 soon. Maybe I am growing still?

Comment

Look for a free clinic around your area. Ice it and use a brace and rest.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
              I'm 24 turning 25 soon. Maybe I am growing still?

you're right at the age where your legs are going to start showing some wear

ice ice ice ice ice
              ice
              ice

and rest

i dont belive in regiments of aspirin or ibuprofen (tylenol, etc), but they do wonders for taking down swelling and are beneficial in small amounts right after the injury occurs

also you need to stretch before you work out after you are at least mildly warm

you've been getting some good advice, listen to these homies

Comment

Olive oil is great for your joints

Comment

Do you do a lot of roadwork?

Comment

Rest is about the only thing that is going to help. Pills and medicine for the most part just masks the pain and it's much easier to injure it further.

What do you hazard to guess this pain is from?

Comment

Working...
                    X