Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

African-American civil rights association (NAACP) president DISGUSTED at Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African-American civil rights association (NAACP) president DISGUSTED at Mayweather

NAACP official condemns Mayweather’s racial tirades
    By Henni Espinosa, ABS-CBN North America News Bureau
    Posted at 09/10/2010 2:31 PM

SAN JOSE, California – An official of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) was disgusted after watching the video of Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s racial rants against Manny Pacquiao and the Filipinos.

“I cannot excuse it. I cannot condone that type of behavior, that type of language from anybody in reference to any culture,” said Reverend Jeff Moore, NAACP chapter president.

In his video message to fans last week, Mayweather, in reference to Pacquaio, said, “We’re going to cook that little yellow chump.” He also said, “Once I stump the midget, I’m going to make the (expletive) make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice.”

On Wednesday, Moore met with Ben Menor, an official of the National Federation of Filipino American Associations or NaFFAA. NaFFAA asked the NAACP to reprimand the boxing star for insulting people of color.

It was a dumb move, a stupid thing to do. Stick to the fight game. Stick to boxing. If you want to come out and promote yourself, find a good writer,” said Moore.

Mayweather has since apologized for his comments. But Menor said he needs to be taught a lesson — by hurting his pocket.

Mayweather has multi-million dollar deals with sportswear giant, Reebok, and telecommunications company AT&T.

Although NaFFAA has not called for an official boycott, the group plans to write Mayweather’s sponsors.

“We want the sponsors to know that no one should gain from this behavior,” Menor said.

Moore said while Filipinos are upset, he wants their understanding.

“I hope the Filipino people would not think that this is how Black people feel about them,” said Moore.

Moore said to heal from this, the African-American and Filipino communities should have dialogues where they can learn from each other’s cultures, and learn understanding and tolerance.

He also suggested that Mayweather visit the Philippines and meet the Filipino people to realize the absurdity of his racial tirades.
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-fi...racial-tirades
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    41.67%
    Maybe
    33.33%
    Last edited by SuckaPunch; 09-10-2010, 11:17 AM.

The NAACP should be disgusted with themselves.

Comment

One group of racists disgusted with another racist?

I guess they can't stand anyone horning in on their action.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
        NAACP official condemns Mayweather’s racial tirades
        By Henni Espinosa, ABS-CBN North America News Bureau
        Posted at 09/10/2010 2:31 PM

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-fi...racial-tirades
        If they reach out to eachother's cultures they'll realize how much they both love chicken.

Comment

Its just Floyd being Floyd, kinda like Manny(Ramirez) being Manny, therefore he gets a pass.

Comment

It's about time. I'm waiting for Sharp and Jesse.

BTW Reebok and AT&T had already denied they have a relationship with Floyd. They said Floyd's contract had expired a year/years ago.

Comment

I really hate the NAACP they are all SCUM looking to play the race card when things dont go their way. Its up there with PETA and MADD and RELIGION as things that need to be eliminated in this world

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                I really hate the NAACP they are all SCUM looking to play the race card when things dont go their way. Its up there with PETA and MADD and RELIGION as things that need to be eliminated in this world
                **bookmarks screenname for future green**

Comment

Coming from San Jose and the Bay Area

Blacks and Filipino get along fine...

Its just in BS that we dont get along....

Comment

It seems his marketing ploy is working out just fine. I hope he paid his baby mama well enough for the headlines.

Comment

Working...
                    X