Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it true that smart/intelligent people are more likely to get depressed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    This man knows what he's talking about and I can tell has taken classes.

Many people don't know about EI. Kadyo, one thing I can tell you about EI and the difference is many great "Leaders" of the world had great EI; wheras many people with high IQ's weren't necessary leaders.

In fact, EI can even be inherited from generation to generation (i.e The Kennedy's). My point is, with EI, comes leadership; with high IQ, just comes a high IQ.

I'd take EI any day of the week.

Good input here.
    I know it wasn't suppose to be funny, but LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
      I would say there's a correlation between depression and high intelligence, but there's isn't a causation link that's demonstrable.
      I'd say it's those people who are intelligent but not intelligent enough to make a difference, or use their intelligence to better their lives. Intelligent enough to be analytical, critical thinking, book smart but too introverted to go out there and be successful socially or financially.

Intelligent but not Genius with clear gifts like a Nikola Tesla or Bobby Fisher. Which means they've got to go through the the daily grind of life like everyone else. Whether it's going through the higher Education process/pursuing a career, finding something you're good at or interested in, and can make a living out of as well. And seeing others around them, whom they deem less intelligent be more successful in life, on a social level (with women and easily making friends) and making more money, might drive them into depression.

In other words, they're frustrated. They consider themselves intelligent but can't do anything with it. They're stuck in purgatory. Not dumb to just coast through life like a simpleton, wandering around without a worry, eating, shitting & sleeping. But just intelligent enough to realize how fuked up the world around them is, sitting at home (their safe comfort zone) with easily available Internet **** at their disposal, to satisfy their urges.
      Last edited by cupocity303; 11-02-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        I'd say it's those people who are intelligent but not intelligent enough to make a difference, or use their intelligence to better their lives. Intelligent enough to be analytical, critical thinking, book smart but too introverted to go out there and be successful socially or financially.

Intelligent but not Genius with clear gifts like a Nikola Tesla or Bobby Fisher. Which means they've got to go through the the daily grind of life like everyone else. Whether it's going through the higher Education process/pursuing a career, finding something you're good at or interested in, and can make a living out of as well. And seeing others around them, whom they deem less intelligent be more successful in life, on a social level (with women and easily making friends) and making more money, might drive them into depression.

In other words, they're frustrated. They consider themselves intelligent but can't do anything with it. They're stuck in purgatory. Not dumb to just coast through life like a simpleton, wandering around without a worry, eating, shitting & sleeping. But just intelligent enough to realize how fuked up the world around them is, sitting at home (their safe comfort zone) with easily available Internet **** at their disposal, to satisfy their urges.
        great post.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          This man knows what he's talking about and I can tell has taken classes.

Many people don't know about EI. Kadyo, one thing I can tell you about EI and the difference is many great "Leaders" of the world had great EI (i.e mostly all U.S presidents); wheras many people with high IQ's weren't necessarily leaders.

In fact, EI can even be inherited from generation to generation (i.e The Kennedy's). My point is, with EI, comes leadership; with high IQ, just comes a high IQ.

I'd take EI any day of the week.

Good input here.
          Thanks, I take that as a compliment and thanks for your input.

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
          I know it wasn't suppose to be funny, but LOL!
          LOL I take that as a compliment as well.

Comment

Good post. I think you're describing people with high IQ but low emotional and social intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
              Good post. I think you're describing people with high IQ but low emotional and social intelligence.

add small c0cks to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                add small c0cks to the list.
                Yeah and small cocks. Damn that made me contemplate suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by piggy'sSqueal View Post
                  you know, the more smarter you are, the more likely you get depressed,sad?

"ignorance is bliss"
                  Yes. Intelligence is the ability to see what some that may be limited cannot see.
                  Therefore they are more likely to scrutinize themselves for overlooking an issue because maybe "they should have known better".

Ignorance is truly bliss and there is an opposite to that. Intelligence is misery.

Comment

interesting...

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                    Yeah and small cocks. Damn that made me contemplate suicide.

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                    Yes. Intelligence is the ability to see what some that may be limited cannot see.
                    Therefore they are more likely to scrutinize themselves for overlooking an issue because maybe "they should have known better".

Ignorance is truly bliss and there is an opposite to that. Intelligence is misery.
                    nice post...

Comment

I'm going to provide a George Carlin quote:

Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of the people are even stupider!

That's why intelligent people get depressed.

Comment

Working...
                      X