Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some one pls explain to me...What is so special about Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Well he is black so that automatically makes him skilled. If he were a pure white guy he would be considered a hype job with flaws that hbo protects by giving him guys like brand to fight and his olympic gold wouldnt mean chit it was rigged.
    What? If he was white he'd be looked at like an American hero.

Why bring up race anyway?You're the dumbest MF on here.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Does he have blistering combinations? Exceptionally quick hands? Is his skill set on par with the greats of the past?

Ward is very simple to predict, it's jab, jab, right hand, clinch, elbow, maybe a head butt then repeat.
      Ward has crazy hand speed, what are you talking about?

And maybe a right hook, straight left, left hook combination followed by a perfect right pivot isn't impressive to you, but it certainly is to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post

I've seen the kat fight...I've seen him win vs a few decent guys...I've seen a dude with 15 ko's and only 2 in his last 10 fight...his best win was vs Carl Froch (IMO) good all around dude by all accounts....but does this make him the next? or the current?? is he a ATG already? some people seem to think so.....but why?

What am I missing here? can someone school me on SOG???
        He is a student of the game

he adjusts on the fly

he can fight going forward, laterally, backwards, inside...he has all the subtle skills and techniques

also he is a top notch athlete and has above average speed, reflexes, and leg at 168 and up

Also he doesnt leave much to chance, he wins out right, has no robbery wins and wins clearly.

his greatest asset is his work ethic, self belief, and come on....dude hasnt lost since his pubs started coming in....he is obviously doing something right

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
          Are you serious?
          he isnt...its clear that Ward is the fastest 175 in the game today...handspeed and reflexes

Stevenson is more explosive but isnt as quick

also Ward maybe the most skilled fighter at 168 and up...dudes trolling

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            he isnt...its clear that Ward is the fastest 175 in the game today...handspeed and reflexes

Stevenson is more explosive but isnt as quick

also Ward maybe the most skilled fighter at 168 and up...dudes trolling
            They don't know what they're looking at.

Comment

He will show the world again why he is special in November

Comment

Excellent Jab (both to head and body)

Excellent Defense

Great Head Movement

Masterful at Controlling Distance

Strong Inside Game

Quick from the outside

Quick Feet

Excellent Reflexes

Excellent Timing

Ability To Adjust

Very High In Ring IQ

Excellent Body Puncher

Excellent at Countering

Ward does everything well, the only thing he doesn't have is 1 Punch Power which fans of this ERA are obsessed with but yet these guys with all this "POWER" seems to always lose big matches vs SKILLED FIGHTERS who are said to have "NO POWER". Hard to beat a guy when you're coming in depending on Power and hoping to score a KO! He can beat you many ways while you can only beat him 1 way and that is to land big and knock him out. However if you can't land big on him 99.9% of these "BIG POWER FIGHTERS" are losing to Skilled Boxers!

Sorry but Emotionally Attachment, Racism or whatever people do on this forum, none of that will help your favorite fighter win, the best fighter WILL WIN! Fans somehow think their hate impacts the fight which is the funniest **** ever "Well If I Hate Him And Get Others To Hate Him He Might Lose" sorry it doesn't work like that people!
                Last edited by sicko; 08-08-2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Well he is black so that automatically makes him skilled. If he were a pure white guy he would be considered a hype job with flaws that hbo protects by giving him guys like brand to fight and his olympic gold wouldnt mean chit it was rigged.
                  yep this is it right here...

Comment

i cant offer an explanation mate, i think his CV is seriously overrated. His best win was against cobra froch where if he lost one more round it would have been scored a draw. Dawsons shown to be rubbish, kessler was old, abraham was never any good and hes fought literally nobody with a pulse in last 5 years, and gone the distance with most of them lol. And people on here call him P4P number 1, people are going to be shocked when kovalev demolishes him. 5 years of doing jack**** isnt going to prepare him for kovalev, its not the super 6 version of andre ward you are going to see out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post

I've seen the kat fight...I've seen him win vs a few decent guys...I've seen a dude with 15 ko's and only 2 in his last 10 fight...his best win was vs Carl Froch (IMO) good all around dude by all accounts....but does this make him the next? or the current?? is he a ATG already? some people seem to think so.....but why?

What am I missing here? can someone school me on SOG???
                      Outside of devastating power, he can do it all. He is possibly the best inside fighter in the sport. Certainly on the short list. He is also outstanding from the outside. Great jab that he changes levels and speed with, a beast at distance control. Great at catching and shooting, and counter punching in general. And while not a speed demon, he is quick and has great reflexes. His ring IQ is off the charts. Dude is a gym rat and on and on and on.

People can not like his style and I got no problems with that, but to call the dude basic is insulting.

Comment

Working...
                      X