Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me how Stevenson ducked Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain to me how Stevenson ducked Kovalev?

With the facts known to me (e.g., Kovalev backing out of the purse bid), it doesn't seem that way at all. If Wilder had backed out of the purse bid with Povetkin people would be calling him a duck. Right now I'm assuming the worst about people who continue to say this so I'll give them an opportunity to explain and show me that I am misinformed as to not prejudge them.

Good luck getting sympathy for Aduckis. He was lined up to fight Kovalev on Hbo, ran to Haymon and ever since ducked any live body, never mind Kovalev.

Comment

Stevenson has done himself no favors. Sad thing is this would be an interesting fight with both guys having pretty even resumes. Duck or not he just doesn't seem to intersted in making the fight.

Comment

I don't blame Kovalev or Stevenson, I blame Duva.

Comment

He didn't duck Kovalev. He just didn't like the offer HBO had put on the table so he passed.

Comment

I think its difficult to assert blame on either fighter, i know people are like he signed for showtime blah blah blah but so what? He was offered a better deal and he took it. Kov had a chance with the purse bid request but his team backed out of it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I think its difficult to assert blame on either fighter, i know people are like he signed for showtime blah blah blah but so what? He was offered a better deal and he took it. Kov had a chance with the purse bid request but his team backed out of it in the end.
              Ok but in the mean time he priced himself out vs Hopkins (supposedly why he went Showtime), Pascal 2x, Fonfara rematch, with only scrubs to show for. The pattern is clear

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Ok but in the mean time he priced himself out vs Hopkins (supposedly why he went Showtime), Pascal 2x, Fonfara rematch, with only scrubs to show for. The pattern is clear
                Am not even going to argue about his resume which is ridiculously poor.

Comment

Stevenson and Kovs resumes are really not that far apart. I think Adonis could have pursued the fight better, but that is business. The thing that baffles me is why is it all on Stevenson to make the fight? It takes two to tango. I put more blame on Stevenson but Kov could make this fight If he wanted it were there not tv contracts in the way.

Comment

He didn't price himself out with Hopkins. In fact Hopkins fought Kovalev for less money. And GYM won't negotiate with Pascal. They've said that many times in the past. And Adonis handled Fonfara convincingly.

Comment

Working...
                    X