Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum has absolute confidence in Crawford's abilities, PBC doesn't in Spence.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
    Exactly lol.

PBC can get 2-3 more PPV's out of Spence with high profile actual credible opponents.

ESPN can't. It's business.
    Spence-Porter won't be on PPV. The only PPV worthy fight for Spence would be against the Pacquiao-Thurman winner. If I'm PBC I'm hoping and praying Pacquio wins because I don't see Spence-Thurman doing above 500k buys.

So, Spence does have options but outside of Pacquiao, who seems to be ducking Spence anyways, those options seem lackluster compared to a fight with Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambino View Post
      Spence-Porter won't be on PPV. The only PPV worthy fight for Spence would be against the Pacquiao-Thurman winner. If I'm PBC I'm hoping and praying Pacquio wins because I don't see Spence-Thurman doing above 500k buys.

So, Spence does have options but outside of Pacquiao, who seems to be ducking Spence anyways, those options seem lackluster compared to a fight with Crawford.
      They are still possible PPV fights outside of Crawford that can be made and titles can be picked up in the meantime without needing Crawford. The fights are also easier to make. They are also high profile.

I don't understand why it is so hard to grasp facts. There is no argument.

There are no high profile fights for Crawford outside of the PBC stable. Crawford needs them, they don't need Crawford. Plain and simple. This is business.
      Last edited by lolpz; 04-30-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        He seems to be building Spence into a PPV attraction. Putting Spence/Porter on regular TV doesn't mean he doesn't believe he will be a PPV attraction down the road.

I can see your point about the Mikey fight but the fact it did 300K shows they picked the right fight to introduce him to the PPV market. 300K is more than Crawfrod/Postol, and Crawford/Khan combined.
        if he wanted to build Spence into a ppv attraction the fight vs Mikey would have been on fox.

Comment

You got posters on here acting like it's a great thing we get to wait on the only fight at welterweight that matters/and isn't a foregone conclusion (until Keith Thurman shows me otherwise).

Comment

Working...
          X