Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. Wants NO Excuses From Critics After Golovkin Loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. Wants NO Excuses From Critics After Golovkin Loses

British middleweight champion Chris Eubank Jr. (23-1, 18KOs) believes he has all the answers to hand WBC/IBO/WBA/IBF middleweight champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (35-0, 32KOs) his first defeat as a pro.

[Click Here To Read More]

Really love the talk coming from Eubank. I don't think he's got the mental fortitude to live up to his own expectations once he's in the eye of the storm. But, the way he's working himself up for this fight means that we might truly get an entertaining show instead of a 1-sided beat-down. I hope they both show up in top form and throw down!

Comment

Comment

If he actually signs and turns up in the ring, you have to agree with what he says. GGG is not a shot fighter or everyone would be gunning for him.
        So it's only fair that he puts it out there to say the critics can't criticise GGG after the fact.
        Obviously that's a big IF, but if he pulls it off he will deserve all the credit.

Comment

if eubank jnr thinks GGG only relies on power and intimidation then he needs a wake up call
          GGG is a cerebral fighter, even more impressive considering hes always pressuring his opponent. Intelligent pressure isnt easy to do.

Comment

Uh huh yeah ok

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              if eubank jnr thinks GGG only relies on power and intimidation then he needs a wake up call
              GGG is a cerebral fighter, even more impressive considering hes always pressuring his opponent. Intelligent pressure isnt easy to do.
              ... Golovkin holds the best power jab to date... and if he also starts shifting... well, nevermind...

Comment

Golovkin is to slow imo i think Eubank Jr and Canelo beat him, possibly even Jacobs but obviously theres a huge chance i'm wrong but as a fighter I don't see anything special about Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Really love the talk coming from Eubank. I don't think he's got the mental fortitude to live up to his own expectations once he's in the eye of the storm. But, the way he's working himself up for this fight means that we might truly get an entertaining show instead of a 1-sided beat-down. I hope they both show up in top form and throw down!
                  He's saying the same things Wade, Lemiuex, Rubio, Monroe, Etc all said. Eubanks is saying it more often but that is actually a bad omen for him.

By the way he's talking it's gonna be a one sided beat down. Because if he first thinks GGG can't box, he clearly doesn't see what GGG is doing in the ring. The way he keeps opponents in front centered, the balance, the timing, the jab, etc.

If he thinks GGG doesn't slip punches, he must be watching just the replay where GGG is letting himself get hit. GGG slips, just not to the point he isn't still in position. And he's always willing to take a risk to get into position to blast his opponent.

If Eubanks really thinks GGG can't hurt him it tells me he's going to come foward, and that is gonna get him hurt. He already leaves himself open, and he has never faced a guy who can both exploit that and hurt him. Susnders exploited Eubanks flaws. GGG will make him pay for them.

Then all the GGG haters will start pointing out Eubanks has no major wins, etc.

Comment

I'd imagine it will all come down to how good Eubank's defense is, and whether his game plan involves being the counterpuncher. Obviously Eubanks is just trying to build the fight, and would keep that up til the fight happens. But he can't stand in front of GGG and try to out gun him.

Comment

Working...
                    X