No announcement yet.

Our iceman trained bad chad dawson?? when? iceman tell me about it!! whoo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BORIQUA POWER View Post

Scully also frequently served as a sparring partner for some of the biggest names in the sport, including the likes of highly regarded world champions Vinny Pazienza, Roy Jones Jr. and James "Lights Out" Toney.
    ]
    Iceman you sparred with Roy Jones Jr. and James Toney? Did James Toney really talk **** and try to riducule you? What was it like sparring Roy? Did he try and hurt you or just put in the work? Last, how do you think Dawson does against Roy or James?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWire View Post
      Iceman you sparred with Roy Jones Jr. and James Toney? Did James Toney really talk **** and try to riducule you? What was it like sparring Roy? Did he try and hurt you or just put in the work? Last, how do you think Dawson does against Roy or James?
      JT talked BIG STUFF LOL and loved it when u talked back to him, too. I got into it with him many times and I saw him verbally really go at it with other guys...but by dinner time everything was fine and forgotten Sparring RJ was a GREAT time in my life...gave me confidence as a boxer...RJ was ALWAYS in shape and ready to do rounds...I have known him for more than twenty years now and have NEVER seen him out of shape, not even once. We banged it out sometimes, sometimes he boxed. He has a great arsenal of punches and tricks to his game...I like to believe I did as well with him as anyone, I can remember times when my sparring was supposed to be up for the day and he requested that I stay in longer...his dad told me he loved the work so I consider that a very big compliment coming from him. There is a brief clip of us sparring on my website (in the "pictures" section.)..but the guy who put it on there only put a section of the session where I was doing very well LOL.
      Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 10-13-2008, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        JT talked BIG STUFF LOL and loved it when u talked back to him, too. I got into it with him many times and I saw him verbally really go at it with other guys...but by dinner time everything was fine and forgotten Sparring RJ was a GREAT time in my life...gave me confidence as a boxer...RJ was ALWAYS in shape and ready to do rounds...I have known him for more than twenty years now and have NEVER seen him out of shape, not even once. We banged it out sometimes, sometimes he boxed. He has a great arsenal of punches and tricks to his game...I like to believe I did as well with him as anyone, I can remember times when my sparring was supposed to be up for the day and he requested that I stay in longer...his dad told me he loved the work so I consider that a very big compliment coming from him. There is a brief clip of us sparring on my website (in the "pictures" section.)..but the guy who put it on there only put a section of the session where I was doing very well LOL.
        can u please give me the link i want to see.

Comment

Thanks for the information Ice. I checked your website out it's pretty sick. I saw that short clip of you sparring Roy, 10-9 for the Iceman. Those pictures had so much history, that was real cool. Playing video games with James Toney, kickin it with Tyson, in training camp with Jones and like 3 other champs, training Mike Oliver since he was 9 years old.

Comment

Thanks, my man. I have actually been taking and saving photos since back in 1982 when I first started boxing...I have thousands of them. One day I might get an online album so people can see them...I have to admit, I have some VERY COOL pics in my collection LOL. I have one of me shooting a then, I don't know maybe 15 years old, Chad dawson right in the head with a super soaker lol

Comment

Thanks, my man. I have actually been taking and saving photos since back in 1982 when I first started boxing...I have thousands of them. One day I might get an online album so people can see them...I have to admit, I have some VERY COOL pics in my collection LOL. I have one of me shooting a then, I don't know maybe 15 years old, Chad dawson right in the head with a super soaker lol
              can you post one or two or 3 here for your friends to see??? ha. and whats the coolest person you met in the game (?)

Comment

When I get a chance later I will post a couple pics for the boys, sure....cool people? Many...Paz always comes to mind...James Toney, Tyson was very cool believe it or not...Mickey Ward is a VERY cool guy, ANYONE could approach Mickey at a fight and he will make u feel like he is your friend...I will think of more later

Comment

How about these two guys??????

Comment

ICEMAN IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have u ever sparred with any puertorican?

Comment

You know, when Chad is on his game like the other night..focused and determined..I don't see anyone who would realistically be able to outpoint him. Johnson had his chance, VERY close fight, but I think after this past Saturday, that ship has sailed
                      You say when he is focused. Coming from the perspective of someone who has trained him, how aware of his tendency to lost focus were you, and what if anything did you do to help him over come it?

From what I have seen, he seems to have about two serious lapses in focus during every fight that could potentially cost him the win.

Was this something that also happened in training, or is it just one of the ways being on the big stage effects him?

Comment

Working...
                      X