Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why in the movie Ali do they try to make it look like Foreman was winning the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet when LarryX saw 2012 he freaked out because he thought it really happened.

Comment

Larry hit a J...... Your losing it

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
        where was that in the movie??cause ive seen it 100 times and dont remember Arum in it at all
        Thats because he looked like this: Time to watch it for a 101st time

Comment

And in general there seems to be some myth like Ali was losing and scored a dramatic ko out of nowhere..Ali was clearly winning the fight and easily imo why does History like to act like he was losing and came back and won?
          probably because the perception of most watching the fight was that Foreman was winning the fight. people didn't understand why Ali was just laying there on the ropes soaking up blows, they thought he was being beaten up.

i never saw the film, though. no time for lame biopics when the real thing (When We Were Kings) is readily available and much more compelling/truly dramatic.

Comment

where was that in the movie??cause ive seen it 100 times and dont remember Arum in it at all
            always surprises me that someone would watch a trite dramatization more than once with all the wealth of fascinating documentary material available.

how many times have you watched a.k.a. Cassius Clay, When We Were Kings, The Last Round, Thrilla In Manila (the documentary), Muhammad And Larry, Facing Ali, etc.?

Comment

Its a movie and they had to make it dramatic.

Although if you think pretending not to be hurt and scoring a knockout when a young, hungry maniac like a 70s Foreman is whaling away landing vicious shots on your arms and ribcage, I'd hate to see what you'd call hard.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                always surprises me that someone would watch a trite dramatization more than once with all the wealth of fascinating documentary material available.

how many times have you watched a.k.a. Cassius Clay, When We Were Kings, The Last Round, Thrilla In Manila (the documentary), Muhammad And Larry, Facing Ali, etc.?
                Ive seen them all and watch them all just like the Movie Ali anytime i see them on tv..im a boxing junkie

Comment

Working...
                X