Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whaaa? Haye refuses to put the WBA belt on the line?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

belt or no belt,if haye loses this he will automatically be ranked below both klitschkos ,and become even more of a paper champ that he already is.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
      belt or no belt,if haye loses this he will automatically be ranked below both klitschkos ,and become even more of a paper champ that he already is.
      Let him keep the belt -- Wlad knocks him out, he retires, and the K-Bros will pick up the belt anyway. Booth seems desperate to me. A few tactics were one thing, but now there is something every 5 minutes. It reeks of panic.

Comment

David Haye=

Wasn't too long ago he was going on about all he needed was a ref who could count to 10, now he's taking his belt and going home? The WBA just doesn't want the Klits holding their belt hostage like the others

Stop being a b*tch, put your chips on the table and get it on

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
          I don't really understand this referee rubbish. For me, it doesn't really change anything. Haye isn't winning a decision he has to knock him out so the referee isn't a huge issue. Neither do i care if it's for any titles.
          Not necessarily, it all depends on if this ref will allow Wlad to continuously hold Haye. If that scenario happens then I can't see how Haye has any chance of wnning. Sort of like Ali-Frazier 2, in that fight the ref allowed Ali to hold Frazier, even put his hand on the back of the head. Whereas in the other two fights that wasn't allow and Frazier won both (if Eddie Futch didn't call off the thrilla in manilla then Ali was going to quit the fight). So how controls the ref could play a role in the outcome.

Comment

so this would be the second time wlad knocks out the wba champ and not get the belt.

I thought Haye only needed a referee who can count to ten?

Comment

i don't think haye is a boxer that's easy to hold. he will most likely keep the distance ,so this argument doesn't hold much water. but .. it would be extremely unfair to wlad if he had to put his belts at stake, while haye just comes in for the paycheck.

Comment

mind games by haye but he is spot on

a neutral ref must be appointed, not a klit loving ref who will allow wlad to cheat as always

Comment

Working...
                X