Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people on government assistance be drug tested?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Talon View Post
    no because drugs should be legal and the govt should stay the **** out of my business!
    Not a very easy position to take though is it? If you are on benefits then your business IS the government's business.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
      Tortilla if they test you will you lose your benefits or are you clean?

What benefits?

I've put into this system for 20 years.

But yea, I'm clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
        no because drugs should be legal and the govt should stay the **** out of my business!
        Even when one is getting government assistance?

Comment

Thats absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Not a very easy position to take though is it? If you are on benefits then your business IS the government's business.
            Exactly, and taxpayers are the Government so in a sense we are paying for their drug habits, So I say if they want to spend the money I contribute to help them for food, medical, to help them get on their feet, or for just hard times on illegal drugs and at the same time give that money to drug dealers who are also scum of the earth(even if QueLoQue believes drug dealing Dominicans are kings of NY) Then we should test them and if they are positive then revoke their benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
              Exactly, and taxpayers are the Government so in a sense we are paying for their drug habits, So I say if they want to spend the money I contribute to help them for food, medical, to help them get on their feet, or for just hard times on illegal drugs and at the same time give that money to drug dealers who are also scum of the earth(even if QueLoQue believes drug dealing Dominicans are kings of NY) Then we should test them and if they are positive then revoke their benefits.
              The trouble with this stance is that it doesn't stop people on assistance from having drug problems, it just means that their one source of income is removed. The result is more criminals and the price of everything increases.

If you really want to fight a "war on drugs" then it must be done with counselling and treatment, not bullets and badges.

Comment

ok government assistance should go straight to food, shelter, etc..

so its not possible to buy rims, sell food stamps, etc.

OR

let them buy whatever they want but cut them off after a period of time, that way they could start a business or invest or somethin lol

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  No absolutely not. But I do think that after a certain period of time calculated by the value of their tax contributions then they should be A. Eligible for and B. Required to extra training and should be closely monitored to ensure they are attempting to find employment.

Drug testing employees and students is also something I am opposed to unless they are in certain fields of employment in which public safety is a factor. For most positions if you need to perform drug tests in order to see if they are on drugs then the drugs are obviously not affecting them that much.
                  I'm surprisingly impressed by this response piglet.

Well done.

Comment

yea piglet is right. if you have to drug test then they must not be that ****ed up!

i mean if you do the whole interview and think they're alright all a drug test is going to do is help you rule out good hard working people that happen to smoke a joint every once in a while

i BET you floyd mayweather has smoked weed before

Comment

Personally I don't like weed, I've seen people change from being fun outgoing people to the type who never go out, always eat junk food, never do anything...

In fact I don't like any drugs. But I don't see the point in prohibition. You may as well write a blank cheque to organised crime.

Comment

Working...
                      X