No announcement yet.

If GGG retired today would he rank in the top 100 among ATG's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I'm still pissed that Andre Ward ducked Golovkin so he could get an easy-ass fight with Kovalev instead. Don't try to tell me I'm some kind of idiot for thinking that because I can point you to many esteemed members here who feel the same way.
    Well all know GGG whooped Kovalev in sparring so yea, the easier fight. coWard didn't want that GGG work. Asking for 50/50 pricing himself out.
    Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    nope, i cant say he would. hopefully he gets some defining fights pretty soon. needs a big couple of years.
    How long till you flip flop on this and make a thread saying GGG is actually a top 100 ATG?

Comment

Nope there's at least 10 fighters in every division that had a much better resume than him. Maybe top 200.

Edit. Scrap that i don't think his resume would make top 400, even guys like Thurman that wouldn't even make it in the top 40 WWs has a better resume.
      Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 03-17-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Anyone that places GGG in their Top 100 ATG must think Edwin Valero is also Top 100 ATG. They have essentially identical accomplishments and Valero fought more difficult competition

Comment

I think so but it's tough because I never made a top 100 list, too much effort. I would consider GGG one of the top 10 middleweights of all time, I can only see a few others at middleweight who would surpass him on skill, resume, aura, popularity, H2H prowess and whatever else you want to use as determining factor.

I am not including people who were more established at other weights, for example, RJJ did some stuff at middleweight but had most of his success at SMW. At the end of the day, GGG can rate anywhere from top 5 middleweight to top 25 middleweight depending on who you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
            And if you think so where does he place?
            Weren't you saying something about it being hard to rate current fighters with past fighters when it comes to atg...something about it being almost impossible to make a list. I recall something like that in the thread about where mayweather rates all time. You may not have been the one who said it, but you agreed with it. But we should speculate where ggg ranks tho...

Comment

to add to my post if GGG lost tomorrow to Jacobs all this could change. I am basing my statement based on GGG winning tomorrow and retiring rather than retiring today.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                And if you think so where does he place?

I'd be amazed if you could count to 100.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Well all know GGG whooped Kovalev in sparring so yea, the easier fight. coWard didn't want that GGG work. Asking for 50/50 pricing himself out.

How long till you flip flop on this and make a thread saying GGG is actually a top 100 ATG?
                  wait and see what thread ive got lined up for after the jacobs fight....

Comment

Nope, not even close. Same way I don't rank Mayweather in the top 50, I wouldn't rank GGG in the top 100. Golovkin hasn't fought an elite level fighter yet. Not his fault because there is either no one at 160 to fight or he is being ducked. It's still too soon to consider GGGs place in rankings among ATGs. Two more years should tell the story.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      wait and see what thread ive got lined up for after the jacobs fight....
                      I shouldnt be excited.. but i kind of am because i know you enjoy **** stirring as much as i do.

Comment

Working...
                      X