Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: Kovalev 'Disappointed' Barrera Turned Down March 3 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Duva: Kovalev 'Disappointed' Barrera Turned Down March 3 Fight

Sergey Kovalev was hopeful following his knockout of Vyacheslav Shabranskyy that Sullivan Barrera would opt to fight him next. Barrera turned down an opportunity to face Kovalev on November 25 because it wasn't a title fight at the time it was offered. Kovalev's victory over Shabranskyy changed that because the Russian knockout artist won the WBO light heavyweight title Andre Ward vacated when he retired two months earlier.
    [Click Here To Read More]

a couple of wins and in my book he should be the man to beat at 175 non controversially

Comment

And y'all be saying Kovalev is ducking him lol

Comment

a man's got to know his limitations

Comment

Lol bs. This is just Duva trying to save face. She can’t afford to pay two high profile fighters. So she can just match Kovalev against any c level fighter and make 10times the money. His last 2 opponents let me know that Kovalev and his team or Duva wanted some tuneups b4 Kov start fighting top competition again after the whole quitting debacle

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
            a couple of wins and in my book he should be the man to beat at 175 non controversially
            He has to beat a contender first is Adonis beats jack then beats Alvarez no doubt he’s #1

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
              wat time prime opponent has he ever beaten?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                Lol bs. This is just Duva trying to save face. She can’t afford to pay two high profile fighters. So she can just match Kovalev against any c level fighter and make 10times the money. His last 2 opponents let me know that Kovalev and his team or Duva wanted some tuneups b4 Kov start fighting top competition again after the whole quitting debacle
                duva kov never wanted HARD FIGHTS...john david jackson admitted to media long ago that steveson was a tough fight for kov....but when it came to ward they would say he cant outbox or hurt kov...and them fools got clowned bc they didnt know jus thow dirty ward was willing to be...

kov wont last in this division..there are on more old bhops or shot pascals

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  He has to beat a contender first is Adonis beats jack then beats Alvarez no doubt he’s #1
                  dont talk to much sense here...u'll get hella backlash...

kov's best win is a shot pascal or 50 year old bhop...and he couldnt stop chilemba...exactly wat has he done to be labeled the "eternal" best 175lber....damn i told you to talk with logic and now i did...we're both in trouble soon

Comment

What's the latest on Bivol and VADA?

Comment

Working...
                    X