Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Promotions Celebrates 10 Years, Aims For Big 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Promotions Celebrates 10 Years, Aims For Big 2018

LAS VEGAS - Mayweather Promotions, formed by President, Floyd Mayweather and spearheaded by, CEO, Leonard Ellerbe has flourished over the last decade, as the leading promotional company in sports & entertainment. This past year saw Mayweather Promotions at the forefront of boxing, from producing some of the most successful shows in 2017, to grooming their stable of talent by signing on praised prospects, and former Olympians. The company has brilliantly carried over the success of 12-time undefeated world champion, Floyd "Money" Mayweather, into a full service promotional company. In 2017, Mayweather Promotions produced unprecedented record-breaking events for fans worldwide, promoted their first show ever in London, England, saw some world title championships brought home, put on several sell-out shows, and looks to carry the momentum in to 2018!
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good stuff.

I need to see more Neno Rodriguez though. He's only fought once since signing with Mayweather.

Comment

Davis vs Lomachenko will be a huge headliner for Mayweather promotions. I know it wont happen, wishful thinking tho!

Comment

Respect

All I know is that G. Davis better get his act together asap while Floyd still carries as his number 1 fighter . Losing his belt for being over weight in his last fight really pissed Floyd off . He warned him numerous times to be at the top you gotta eat , drink and sleep boxing . The party will come when you retire GD so better not **** up again or you'll be fighting on ESPN for Bob Arum . Lucky Floyd still has his back by his response towards the Loma fight . 23 years old not making weight which cost you the belt made Floyd look bad considering all he did was promote he found the next Floyd Mayweather !! Hope he gets his **** together cause the kid is talented but lacks common sense !! Congratulations To Money May Promotion s

Comment

Respect to them, but honestly I see them as just starting out really still. Mayweather Promotions has largely just been used as a means to have Floyd fight unaffiliated. Only in the last few years has Mayweather Promotions become a "normal" promotion that has a roster of fighters & does more than 2 Mayweather PPV cards a year + maybe 1 or 2 random cards beyond that.

Of there 43 shows, 39 have been in the last 5 years, And 28 (65%) have happened in the last 3 years.
          2017 10 shows
          2016 9 shows
          2015 9 shows
          2014 7 shows
          2013 4 shows
          2012 1 show
          2011 1 show
          2009 1 show
          2007 1 show
          So respect on being around 10 years, but to me MP is still in its beginning, growing stages. And fwiw I think they put on the most competitive shows in the US if you are a fan of boxing from the 4rders to the main event or actually attend shows as too many promoters make one fight & show you 8 potential one sided beatdowns or schoolings far too often & thats a legit service they are providing for fans that don't get suckered into silly bs with fighters, promotions & media bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Respect to them, but honestly I see them as just starting out really still. Mayweather Promotions has largely just been used as a means to have Floyd fight unaffiliated. Only in the last few years has Mayweather Promotions become a "normal" promotion that has a roster of fighters & does more than 2 Mayweather PPV cards a year + maybe 1 or 2 random cards beyond that.

Of there 43 shows, 39 have been in the last 5 years, And 28 (65%) have happened in the last 3 years.

So respect on being around 10 years, but to me MP is still in its beginning, growing stages. And fwiw I think they put on the most competitive shows in the US if you are a fan of boxing from the 4rders to the main event or actually attend shows as too many promoters make one fight & show you 8 potential one sided beatdowns or schoolings far too often & thats a legit service they are providing for fans that don't get suckered into silly bs with fighters, promotions & media bs.
            They've already built 3 World champions Bey,Jack,Tank in a span of 4 years that's not too bad really

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
              They've already built 3 World champions Bey,Jack,Tank in a span of 4 years that's not too bad really
              Yea they've done great in the time they've been a "real" promoter. And like I said maybe their biggest contribution to boxing from my point of view is putting on a higher % of competitive fights for the cats who go to live events than anyone else I'm seeing in the US.

Comment

They are still growing.

2018 should be an important year for the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Yea they've done great in the time they've been a "real" promoter. And like I said maybe their biggest contribution to boxing from my point of view is putting on a higher % of competitive fights for the cats who go to live events than anyone else I'm seeing in the US.
                  lets be real though. They didn’t build Ishe Smith. He was built already. They just got him the weakest champion to fight in K9.

Badou had already been on shoxbox before signing with floyd.

Even Tank only has a handful of fights since signing with floyd.

This isn’t like GBP building Abner Mares from his first fight or TR building Brandon Rios and Mikey Garcia, Lomachenko, etc

Comment

Congrats, Floyd.

Match Davis as tough as possible, but don't force the 130 division on him. I knew Davis was too big for 130 for a while now. I think he cuts a lot weight to make it. Let him fight a good tune up fight at 135 first, and see how he does there.

Prosperous 2018!

Comment

Working...
                    X