Folks, that's how you over marinate a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
    This.

Heard the same type of bellyaching after the 'bulid up' fights against Robert Allen (Hopkins stuck out the joint) and Felix Strum (Oscar looked like isht at the weight AND got a gift decision) too.

And then ODLH vs Hopkins become the 2nd highest grossing non HW love bout in history.

This fight is sellable to casuals. Let HBO do it's thing.
    But thats ODLH. Neither one of these fighter come anywhere near the popularity of ODLH. He always sold

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    why do you care about the stocks of the fighters? that's the promoters job.

you are a fan, and as a fan you should wanna see the best fight the best. that's what you are getting on November 19th.

their stocks will have nothing to do with the ass whooping one of them are gonna take.
    Originally posted by sicko View Post
    The fact that you needed them to elevate themselves in 1 fight before their big fight, you somewhat expose yourself a bit as a "Boxing Fan" with comments like that, not sure if I should call you a "Boxing Fans". So never mind what these men have done overall, lets ignore that and focus on their last fights LMFAO

Nobody will remember who neither of these guys fought before their fight with each other. USA vs Russia, that alone will sell this one to not only Hardcore fans but I think they will be able to grab the attention with Casuals for this one. This one will sell itself!
    Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    You guys are absolutely ****ing ridiculous. I swear half of you aren't boxing fans at all. You are talking down Andre Ward vs. Sergey Kovalev.

What the **** ever.
    Yea man I'm not a real boxing fan because I want more casual fans to watch the fight.......

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      But thats ODLH. Neither one of these fighter come anywhere near the popularity of ODLH. He always sold

Yea man I'm not a real boxing fan because I want more casual fans to watch the fight.......
      Well I shouldn't say you're any less of a fan that is wrong but I'm just saying, that you're depending on fights from these guys that lets be honest, I'm will to bet most casual fight fans did not watch last night and they certainly did not watch Kovalev vs Chilemba in the middle of a workday to determine if they will buy Ward vs Kovalev. That is not the case here, again this fight will do just fine, Jay Z and Roc Nation will roll out the STARS for this one and it will be a HUGE EVENT! I don't think either hurt anything with their last fight because I don't think anybody will even remember their last fight once the build up starts for this fight

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Well I shouldn't say you're any less of a fan that is wrong but I'm just saying, that you're depending on fights from these guys that lets be honest, I'm will to bet most casual fight fans did not watch last night and they certainly did not watch Kovalev vs Chilemba in the middle of a workday to determine if they will buy Ward vs Kovalev. That is not the case here, again this fight will do just fine, Jay Z and Roc Nation will roll out the STARS for this one and it will be a HUGE EVENT! I don't think either hurt anything with their last fight because I don't think anybody will even remember their last fight once the build up starts for this fight
        Thankfully Roc Nation isn't the lead promoter on this card, Main Events is. Roc Nation is worthless.

Comment

Thankfully Roc Nation isn't the lead promoter on this card, Main Events is. Roc Nation is worthless.

Roc Nation will do their part for their fighter I'm sure, we will just have to wait and see

Comment

nah, I usually agree with you on most posts. so im not questioning you as a fan. im just saying **** the casuals. its there lost.

history will remember who enhanced their legacy on November 19th, not how many ppv's it did.

Comment

Working...
            X