No announcement yet.

Time For Khan To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time For Khan To Retire

He didn't look like he was enjoying himself in there.

On the scales he looked fleshy, lacked muscle mass.

In the ring he looked unbalanced, stamina issues and he was not sharp - some will say he was ring rusty, which maybe true, but regardless, when he fought Devon after a year long lay off he was sharper than ever and also looked in great condition

Maybe Khan is cutting corners during training or maybe the yo yo dieting has finally caught up with him.

Hang it up and retire. I think he knows deep down what needs to be done.
    Last edited by FrankieBruno; 09-08-2018, 05:46 PM.

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    He didn't look like he was enjoying himself in there.

On the scales he looked fleshy, lacked muscle mass.

In the ring he looked unbalanced, stamina issues and he was not sharp - some will say he was ring rusty, which maybe true, but regardless, when he fought Devon after a year long lay off he was sharper than ever and also looked in great condition

Maybe Khan is cutting corners during training or maybe the yo yo dieting has finally caught up with him.

Hang it up and retire. I think he knows deep down what needs to be done.
    Kinda feel the same way. I've never been the biggest AK fan, but I completely respect him for always
    being willing to take the risky fights, but the combination of sheer inactivity, and a not so sturdy chin leaves me concerned for his long-term health if he chooses to continue to fight at the championship level.

Comment

He's doing just enough to get him that one last cash out fight. He'll get 10 million from his last fight and that's where his mind is at.

Comment

He’s cashing out on a Pacquaio bout

Comment

He seemed to be in better shape under Roach and Hunter. I don't think he's done, I truly think it was a conditioning issue.

Comment

He actually stopped working with Tony Brady for this fight, but he was working with him for the Lo Greco one. Khan looked in good shape vs Lo greco, I don't understand why he keeps dropping Tony because he always looks fleshy and bad when he does.

Comment

Not before he cashes out in his next fight.

Comment

He's got one or two big paydays left in him.

Comment

needs to retire, there is a reason he is calling out Pacquiao because it makes the most money.

he sounds awful, dropped again tonight, its not looking good, kid has brain damage am sorry to say, but its true!

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever
                    Yes it seems like his punch resistance is gone as well as his reflexes and reaction time to punches; Which is all the makings of an aging fighter.
                    Haha, that implies it used to be there.

seriously though, you're right. Khan actually peaked around 2010-2011 and has been on a decline since then. His best attribute is his speed and combinations and he can't even do that for a full fight now. He's always had a low ring IQ, unintelligent footwork, poor defence, no inside game and can't take a shot. Now that his speed and explosiveness is only good for about 6 rounds, he's not got much to fall back on.

He needs to cash out now, there's too many dangerous fighters in the division that'll beat him and offer little financial reward.

Comment

Working...
                    X