No announcement yet.

Trial and tribulations of Beercules.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
    Keep drinking just don’t get **** faced. Have u tried having an early routine like working out. That might discourage u from getting too ****ed up the night before
    Thats the problem though man, its like once you start you cant stop until you are ****face and I relate to Beer in that area. I remember reading some study about American servicemen and binge drinking and how the military lifestyle influences it, then add it a Marine or Soldier with PTSD then you open up a whole new can of worms.

Comment

stick to the weed, beer.

also, youtube shit that edifies your life like learning how to meditate as well as a no fap approach to life.

lifes a mfin struggle beer-keep fighting my bori bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Well lets start off: I'm an alcoholic, I try to stop drinking but I never can't.

I went to an AA meeting. Threw up on the ****ing carpet. Pathetic.

That's all.
        Beer, as a fellow binge drinking alcoholic Marine, take some of this advice. I wont go on and on about Religion because I know its not everybodies thing but I know it helps me. If you are not about the whole going to church thing, Ive met a few people that found strength in Buddhism.

Anyways, my drinking stays under control when I focus on my fitness. When you become so ingrained in a workout routine, your mind DOES NOT want to do anything to mess it up.

Try working out for 21days straight, it takes 21days to form a habit so by day 21 chances are you wont want to stop. One of the times I got into the best shape of my life is when I went 100 days straight doing cardio & lifting weights with 0 alcohol. I would spend about 1.5-2hrs in the gym daily. My confidence was through the roof and my body just felt clean/healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Beer, as a fellow binge drinking alcoholic Marine, take some of this advice. I wont go on and on about Religion because I know its not everybodies thing but I know it helps me. If you are not about the whole going to church thing, Ive met a few people that found strength in Buddhism.

Anyways, my drinking stays under control when I focus on my fitness. When you become so ingrained in a workout routine, your mind DOES NOT want to do anything to mess it up.

Try working out for 21days straight, it takes 21days to form a habit so by day 21 chances are you wont want to stop. One of the times I got into the best shape of my life is when I went 100 days straight doing cardio & lifting weights with 0 alcohol. I would spend about 1.5-2hrs in the gym daily. My confidence was through the roof and my body just felt clean/healthy.
          yeah, man.

that follow-through is a mfer, ah!? builds character.

Comment

Well. Say 1 sober.

Feel ok so far.

Comment

Well. Say 1 sober.

Feel ok so far.
              i bet you were still drunk when you typed this up?

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                i bet you were still drunk when you typed this up?
                no thankfully. But when you drink heavy then just stop your body is like blah.

Plus I'm on my phone

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

I was thinking this. My friend always goes to the gym and invites me, I would just be like "nah" lol.

21 days?

Comment

I was thinking this. My friend always goes to the gym and invites me, I would just be like "nah" lol.

21 days?
                    I've done similarly myself.

21 days sounds like a good challenge.

The bodybuilders claim you can't train every day, but Pavel Tsatsouline is an advocate of training every day, and not training to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      I've done similarly myself.

21 days sounds like a good challenge.

The bodybuilders claim you can't train every day, but Pavel Tsatsouline is an advocate of training every day, and not training to failure.
                      You have been off the booze lately right?

How did you stop?

Comment

Working...
                      X