Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far can Callum Smith go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@D-Mize.....good point, there's heaps of talent in the North West of England with good prospects seemingly coming out of Manchester and Merseyside every other day.

But these guys want to stay at home and don't seem willing to do the London thing, head-over to a proven outfit like the Ingles in Yorkshire or even work and learn abroad. Price has moved to Booth....but only with his career on the proverbial line.

Joe G is good but he's often been dismissed as a conditioner/fitness guru (whether that is fair deserves another thread) and Bob Shannon is not getting any younger either. Not sure what has happened to Billy Graham (who was top class) and I liked Oliver Harrison but he seems to have gone under the radar as well.

I think there are good UK trainers like Booth, McCracken, the Tibbs father and son crew (as well as the hugely under-rated Tony Borg in Wales) but they ain't in the North West and the Northern boys aren't coming to them.

Perhaps McCracken should open a gym in Birmingham (where he hails from them) and these guys could meet him halfway??

Comment

Still no opponent for Smith on boxrec.

have i missed something?

Comment

Why the random inactivity?

Did he get injured?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Why the random inactivity?

Did he get injured?
          Got a fight oon the 15th on the Liverpool card against TBA.

Only 9 days to go lol. Be a shame to get a walkover opponent after he stepped up last time

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Got a fight oon the 15th on the Liverpool card against TBA.

Only 9 days to go lol. Be a shame to get a walkover opponent after he stepped up last time
            KO1 coming up then.

He is a hot prospect for sure.

He is the sort of guy you can enjoy destroying a bit of a bum.

A bit like Mitchell Smith. He is very watchable. Hard to say how far both can go. Mitchell Smith looks 8 years old. But they are fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              KO1 coming up then.

He is a hot prospect for sure.

He is the sort of guy you can enjoy destroying a bit of a bum.

A bit like Mitchell Smith. He is very watchable. Hard to say how far both can go. Mitchell Smith looks 8 years old. But they are fun to watch.
              I asked the question on CHB andit seems hes fighting on april 19th now.

This Liverpool card is looking thin atm...

For smith i think its better his fight is pushed back a month and he gets a fight which is a test, rather than a late noticeKO1.

Yeah as you can see from my sig ive decided an all out fan now. Dont know how far he'll get yet, or if he's anygood at all. But i like how he puts his punches together and his style is very entertaining. So fuck it im in

Comment

Another body shot ko. This guy gets some serious leverage on those body punches.

I want to see a good test next, Khomistky, the guy who ko'd Buglioni and gave Murray a tough night, would be good. Its always tricky matching guys who punch hard, they can blow out anyone just below their level but might not truly be ready to step up. Khomitsky would be a good test.

I'd like to see a touch more head movement. He doesnt need to go Joe Frazier on us but changing head slots every now and again would be nice!

Comment

Another body shot ko. This guy gets some serious leverage on those body punches.

I want to see a good test next, Khomistky, the guy who ko'd Buglioni and gave Murray a tough night, would be good. Its always tricky matching guys who punch hard, they can blow out anyone just below their level but might not truly be ready to step up. Khomitsky would be a good test.

I'd like to see a touch more head movement. He doesnt need to go Joe Frazier on us but changing head slots every now and again would be nice!
                  Think he could have the better of Degale if they met. Especially if Degale does his lying on the ropes act.
                  Like you say his head movement or lack of is a little worrying especially against someone with quicker hands.
                  Good luck to the guy though!

Comment

That 1st round was pretty much the first time we have seen him not have it all his own way.
                    Great reaction from him in the 2nd though..those body shots were brutal.

Comment

Another body shot ko. This guy gets some serious leverage on those body punches. . .
                      They're very impressive! For a naturally rangy fighter I like the way that he operates on the inside. His smaller opponents automatically assume that fighting at close quarters gives them the advantage. So far it hasn't been panning out that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X