Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephan Bonnar retires...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very fun fighter to watch. I've always been a Bonnar fan. He might have a future career in commentary.

On a side note, it's a shame that Bonnar is retiring, but Forrest Griffin is still fighting. Griffin needs to retire from life.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
      good point. you are quite informative.

Comment

Coleman took his soul

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there is such a contract stipulation. Or perhaps he can't for a certain number of years.

Dana White also announced Chuck Liddell's retirement. He can't even give the fighters under his thumb that much dignity as to allow them to announce their own retirements.
          But I thought he announced Liddell's retirement because Chuck didn't want to retire.

Comment

guess he retired because he knew he would test positive for steroids

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              But I thought he announced Liddell's retirement because Chuck didn't want to retire.
              What's the point?

And that sort of makes it worse in a sense. Basically meaning that White was controlling his destiny.

Actually, I am pretty sure that they cut a deal with Liddell that they would put him on a salary in return for him hanging up the gloves. They wanted to make sure he didn't go fight in a rival promotion.

Comment

What's the point?

And that sort of makes it worse in a sense. Basically meaning that White was controlling his destiny.

Actually, I am pretty sure that they cut a deal with Liddell that they would put him on a salary in return for him hanging up the gloves. They wanted to make sure he didn't go fight in a rival promotion.
                well if you're 'pretty sure' than it must be true.

Comment

What's the point?

Yeah probably but Liddell was also shot by then, so in his case, it was a safety issue. By then, the consensus was that Liddell was done and shouldn't fight anymore. I did hear about the salary thing though too, something about a job he got with the UFC after retiring. Point is, in that case, it seemed like part of the reason for retiring Liddell was for his physical safety, not only so he wouldn't fight somewhere else.

In this case, though, announcing Bonnar's retirement, yeah, I agree, kind of strange, some would even say lacking class or even a "dick move." Let the guy at least announce his own retirement first.

Comment

Working...
                  X