No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vazquez-Gesta in Line as Pacquiao-Marquez Co-Feature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vazquez-Gesta in Line as Pacquiao-Marquez Co-Feature

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum stated that undefeated Filipino southpaw Mercito "No Mercy" Gesta is being lined up for an IBF lightweight title fight against Miguel Vazquez on the undercard of the Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez showdown at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on December 8.

[Click Here To Read More]

Vasquez has been deserving of more attention for a while IMO. Not seen Gesta before but hopefully it makes for a good fight.

Comment

man thats too soon..basically after this fight which i think will be a tough one,he immediately has to go into training,no rest because the fight is on dec 8 and one month of training is very little for a new opponent and he would have been training for a very long time because he's still training now for quintero,then fight,then train again

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Vasquez has been deserving of more attention for a while IMO. Not seen Gesta before but hopefully it makes for a good fight.
        I saw Gesta fight once, and only have seen 1 article on him. Gesta won a fight that he was supposed to win against a boxer who only had a puncher's chance, and the article I read was that Gesta was not a very active fighter.

Comment

This is a interesting fight not really ppv level but still worth the watch with the quickturn around Vazquez could be being set-up to lose or could be benefit bcse he'll still be in top form a little rest and then back at it given his style shouldn't be to much of a hinderance

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
            This is a interesting fight not really ppv level but still worth the watch with the quickturn around Vazquez could be being set-up to lose or could be benefit bcse he'll still be in top form a little rest and then back at it given his style shouldn't be to much of a hinderance
            i thnk it's a good undercard,better than what arum does like putting in alcine against macklin,this here is an interesting fight and a good way to show who vazquez is on a big card because not many people have seen him,i read somewhere that they might put martinez against burgos on this card too,that would be a good one,rather see that fight instead of arce vs martinez

Comment

Thats a good fight, but as phony as it will sound and as average Quintero is, he can spark Vazquez out.

Comment

Originally posted by S@rgentKO View Post
                Thats a good fight, but as phony as it will sound and as average Quintero is, he can spark Vazquez out.
                in your dreams probly but not in real life vazquez is going to box circles around that clown.

Comment

its to soon for vazquez to get back in the ring that for sure but even then vazquez will still clown gesta. lucky for vazquez gesta gasses quick and really doest throw alot of pucnhes so vazquez will still win by ud.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                    in your dreams probly but not in real life vazquez is going to box circles around that clown.
                    Oh no doubt, but Vazquez has a tendency of getting cought from time to time too relax and Quintero is a bum, but a bum with a powerful left hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X