what sports is more interesting to watch: soccer or american football

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
    El fenomeno...

I will be looking out for those soccer intricacies I asked you to get into.
    Why would I? You've just been going on about how you understand it all haha.

It is a simple game, that's the beauty of it. Same as Boxing. I don't see why a million rules need to be established for a sport to become enjoyable.

Comment

Football and its not even close, its infinitely more complex than soccer.

The only thing soccer has going for it is no commercials, but american football makes too much off them to cut them out.

Comment

Yeah, that's all there is to it.

I've said it many times on here before......

If I was asked to go to a camp for Down Syndrome children and teach them to play a team sport, the sport I'd show them would be soccer- the most simple **** sport of all.

Soccer is the sport in America that parents put their kids into first, and then most children discover better sports and leave the "world's game" in the dust.

Euro-morons are always claiming Americans have no interest in soccer because "they don't understand it". A friggin' chimp "understands" soccer! Americans understand it better than anyone else and that's why it's discarded/ignored by us so easily.
        Brutal honesty at its finest. Hurts peoples feelings becuz its undeniable

Comment

I tried to watch soccer the other day and fell asleep, football by miles.

Comment

i can appreciate NFL and will happily sit and watch it, but as a European there is only one sport which brings as much skill, excitement and passion as boxing does. Association Football.

Anyone who watched the final day of the Premier League last season will understand just how much this sport means to us and our culture.

With footballs continued rise in Africa and Asia it's status as the worlds sport is cemented for many years to come.

Comment

They are polar opposites as sports and the people that criticize either one are usually the people that have never really watched that sport for enough time to properly form an opinion about it.

American football is all about athletic attributes combined with strategic gameplans, in the majority of positions it is a requirement that you must be a physical freak, aside from possibly the QB position where a lot of players will possess terrific IQ and coordination. People who criticize it will normally say that there are too many stoppages, without realizing that the stoppages are what enable the players to recharge and run every play at 100% speed.

Football (soccer) sacrifices athleticism a lot of the time in favour of technical ability. Most of the top players are quite small with a low centre of gravity which allows them to control the ball at high speeds and control the tempo of games. A lot of critics don't seem to understand things like formations and styles of play, which I imagine would be quite difficult to understand unless you've watched the game regularly.

Both sports are entertaining and detractors should understand that there are reasons why the 2 sports are so popular and actually try and learn the dynamics of them before talking nonsense.

Comment

Soccer is played by women, children, and handicapped kids here in the US. It's the most played youth sport out of all the sports in America, again youth, it is of course abandoned for American football, basketball, baseball etc. You can go to any high school and it's always the geeky kids playing soccer, the least athletic kids that couldn't make it in other sports, the outcasts and I swear I'm not making that up.

American football is way more exciting than soccer, however I still do find it boring because of the commercials, the repetitive music as well!

Basketball is the most appealing imo, you get constant offense and defense on every single play. I think one day it may even surpass soccer as the most popular sport in the world. Although the refs totally ruin the game and not every player is playing on a level field, some guys get favored by the refs every single game.

Comment

You can't reason with yanks

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                    You can't reason with yanks

We're not the ones telling Euros they HAVE TO like American football. One of the reasons we learn to despise soccer is because we have to listen to Euros telling us our disnterest is based in some kind of ignorance as opposed to just not finding it appealing.

Comment

We're not the ones telling Euros they HAVE TO like American football. One of the reasons we learn to despise soccer is because we have to listen to Euros telling us our disnterest is based in some kind of ignorance as opposed to just not finding it appealing.
                      it is just down to culture.

Comment

Working...
                      X