No announcement yet.

UK employment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK employment

so, for those of you living in England, how many of you are employed? are jobs hard to come by? just wondering...
    and for jobs do they usually interview first or have you fill out an application then interview you if they are interested?

I'm looking for work at the mo.

Applied to so many places, but the ****s just turn my application down. Now, this is flipping infuriating as the jobs I've applied for (customer service) are exactly what I have been doing since 2003!!

Anyway, I'm fed up now so its off to the Job Centre to sign and and get unemployment benefit.

Comment

And, you do need to fill an application before your hired.

Comment

i got part time job 1st attempt soon as was old enough

i had to give cv
        then a few interviews
        then job trial

menial work...freezer filling

Comment

I emailed a recruitment agency telling them I am looking for a full time job etc abd could they help. Told them I have attached a CV (resume) and hit the send tab. Then suddenly realised I hadn't attached my CV.

Tried to hit stop but the email had aready been sent.

I did it again this time with a company that advertised in the newspapers.

Comment

I was really lucky, I came out the army due to a parachute accident and applied for a job as an IT Project Manager, one interview and I got it!

3 years on still have it, I got the job without any formal IT qualifications and the company put me through my degree and a Prince 2 course, first job I applied for, one lucky bastard really considering the moneys excellent!

Hate the job though but theres not many who do like their jobs are there?

Comment

I worked in London for three years for a mail comapany, contracted out to big companies. There is allot of `daddy getting you a job` in London. I`d advise anyone to go to University. The current state is that if your broke they pay for you. I am in my 2nd year and am doing very well. Pick something you really enjoy doing and focus, you should all do well. The rate of people getting degrees in this day and age soon everyone will hve one!

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmy
                I worked in London for three years for a mail comapany, contracted out to big companies. There is allot of `daddy getting you a job` in London. I`d advise anyone to go to University. The current state is that if your broke they pay for you. I am in my 2nd year and am doing very well. Pick something you really enjoy doing and focus, you should all do well. The rate of people getting degrees in this day and age soon everyone will hve one!

where are you and what are you doing?

Comment

In derby at university doing an honors degree in English, they pay me **** loads to study and i am able to work too without being taxed because i am a student. Life of a God, thank you extreme left wing British government!

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmy
                    In derby at university doing an honors degree in English, they pay me **** loads to study and i am able to work too without being taxed because i am a student. Life of a God, thank you extreme left wing British government!
                    i hate focusing tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X