No announcement yet.

Inactive Boxers Are Killing The Sport Of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
    Delightful curtains in the background there.
    those were some nice curtains......Rockin'

Comment

I thought a tough economy would force boxing promoters and television networks to put on the best cards imaginable and give the fans their money's worth. I guess I was wrong. All I see is complacency and no sense of urgency from some fighters. I guess they are riding out the storm.

Comment

with the club shows vanishing in the states boxers can't get many oppertunities without fighting on foreign soil. just not enough shows/promoters to keep it all thriving. can't fight where there are no shows.............Rockin'

Comment

While I agree with the subject, I can't stand the way people use the phrase, "killing the sport" to describe everything they don't like.
          Regardless, inactivity and the best not fighting the best are two big ones.

Comment

OP has a point.

If every big name fighter was forced to fight 4 times a year, just imagine the excitement and interest it would generate.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
              i wasnt talkin bout u but now that u mention it...good job admitting what u really are lmao
              lol .

10char

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  OP has a point.

If every big name fighter was forced to fight 4 times a year, just imagine the excitement and interest it would generate.
                  Very true. Fighting once a year should be condemned. It equates to dodging, ducking, avoiding.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Inactivity not only hurts a boxer's marketability but does little for his career and skills. It is the job of managers, promoters and trainers to keep thier fighter busy. If the fighter is busy, it means more time in the gym so they are constantly getting better and less free time to get into trouble in the outside world.

Unfortunitely many managers, promoters and trainers today are just not doing their job well. Which is too bad for us the fans and the fighters.
                    Exactly its really the promoters who make a fighter inactive like when Don King goes quiet there's nothing a fighter contracted too him can do maybe not sign for him in the first place but people make mistakes

Comment

I don't think that they're killing the sport, but even though I think that the best boxers in the world can fight only a couple of times a year, most boxers shouldn't do that.

I don't have a problem with Martínez, Mayweather Jr or Pacquiao fighting a couple of times a year, but what I don't understand is guys like Canelo Alvarez fighting two times a year, I mean c'mon he hasn't done shit, fights bums and yet thinks he can just fight 2 times and remain relevant? Hell no.

Comment

Working...
                      X