No announcement yet.

The Fix was IN!..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fix was IN!..

I hate to say it..but Bob Arum is on a rampant mission to ruin this sport..

The stoppage can be argued either way..fact is..Alvarado was hurt but not out..Benavidez Jr was WAYYY more hurt than Alvarado was and was given an entire minute to flop around grab on and kill time..the moment Rios rocked Alvarado the ref looked ready to hop in..

But as I stated that could be argued..I, along with Rios, believe it was too early..

but the CARDS!...seriously..the referees had it 4-2 for Rios?..GTFO!..no way in hell did Rios take 4 rds of that fight..a Draw MAYBE or 4-2 Alvarado is what it was...but the refs had their minds set on who they were gonna give the decision to no matter who actually won the fight..

Alvarado was gonna get jobbed no matter what tonight...it's depressing to see we still support Top Rank events when we all have been victims of Bob Arum's fixes...no more Top Rank PPV purchases from me..I hope the REAL fans actually stop supporting this BS!.

I agree with you to an extent. 4-2 rios doesn't make sense.

Comment

you seem surprised by this. it was a top rank card

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post

The stoppage can be argued either way..fact is..Alvarado was hurt but not out..Benavidez Jr was WAYYY more hurt than Alvarado was and was given an entire minute to flop around grab on and kill time..the moment Rios rocked Alvarado the ref looked ready to hop in..

But as I stated that could be argued..I, along with Rios, believe it was too early..

but the CARDS!...seriously..the referees had it 4-2 for Rios?..GTFO!..no way in hell did Rios take 4 rds of that fight..a Draw MAYBE or 4-2 Alvarado is what it was...but the refs had their minds set on who they were gonna give the decision to no matter who actually won the fight..

Alvarado was gonna get jobbed no matter what tonight...it's depressing to see we still support Top Rank events when we all have been victims of Bob Arum's fixes...no more Top Rank PPV purchases from me..I hope the REAL fans actually stop supporting this BS!.
        I was like bob u ****in old fart

Comment

Arum is going to feed Pac to Rios now

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            you seem surprised by this. it was a top rank card
            Not so much surprised...as more and more upset..

We, the fans, need to do something about it..but we keep supporting..

Comment

Alvarado was winning 4-2 pretty clearly. The stoppage seemed a little quick, although it looks like there was some confusion on Alvarado's part. He was looking at the ref, I don't know if he was expecting a standing 8 count or what. Had he just held on instead of pausing like that he might have survived.

Won't say its a fix but you know never know.

However, even if the fight went on, Alvarado was in trouble which could have changed the flow of the fight.
              Last edited by Derranged; 10-13-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post

We will never know for sure. You're just speculating.

Comment

I had it 3-3, going into the 7th.

Tremendous fight. Could Alvarado gotten the benefit of the doubt? I guess. He could have took a knee, as well.

Comment

Completely agree WarCotto. These were solid fights that 9 times out of 10 would have gone the way Arum wanted regardless. The scorecards is what made me pissed. No way in hell Rios was ahead by to rounds going into the 7th.

Comment

Working...
                    X