No announcement yet.

Russ Anber (Wilder's cut man) is training Usyk not Anatoly Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russ Anber (Wilder's cut man) is training Usyk not Anatoly Lomachenko

Klimas: Usyk is trained by Russ Anber, not by Anatoly Lomachenko!

Egis Klimas, manager of WBO cruiserweight champion of the world Oleksandr Usyk (11-0, 10 KOs) in the interview to **********.com gave his vision of what have happened in the situation with Oleksandr Usyk and his former trainer James Ali Bashir.

"Basically that was his decision. After the last fight, he wasn't happy with the last camp and I know that. We said the fight will be over and then we'll talk. The fight was over and they went in different directions. He said he was going to go back to Ukraine and make a few changes; I helped him as much as possible." - said Egis Klimas.

Klimas also revealed very unexpected (if not to say shocking) information that Usyk didn’t left Bashir to work with his former amateur trainer Vasyl Lomachenko - now Usyk is trained by Russ Anber, who is mostly known as a cutman of WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder.

“Right now he's training with Russ Anber. Anatolyisn't training him, everybody thinks that, but he is being trained by Russ Anber. He's helping him in some directions, but his main trainer is Russ Anber.” - said Usyk’s manager.

Egis Klimas also denied the assumption that it was his decision to fire Bashir.

“I am the manager, I don't get involved in the training camp too much, look Sergey Kovalev changed trainers so many times, he went to Don Turner, to another guy to another guy and then he ended up with John David Jackson. Boxers they want somebody to pay attention and if the trainer isn't paying attention they will look for somebody else.” - said Klimas.
    http://boxingnews.com.ua/en/news/191...bner-menedzher

If you remember that post I made about James Ali Bashar being upset with being fired as trainer he said Usyk complained about his hands hurting during his last fight. Bashar said that was the first fight he didn't wrap Usyk's hands. Come to find out Abner was the one who wrapped Usyk's hands

Here is the supposed plan Klimas and Anber are concocting

Personally I think Usyk is to talented for this to affect him He should still win easily.

My previous thread on the topic
    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=736812

deanrw g27region ShoulderRoll Mikhnienko Big Ukrainian NEETzsche

Comment

So they bought out Robert Garcia's gym and now Klimas is going to funnel Eastern Euro talent to Russ Anber?

Very interesting. Seems like James Ali Bashir got screwed over by these manipulations. Assuming that Usyk was happy with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        So they bought out Robert Garcia's gym and now Klimas is going to funnel Eastern Euro talent to Russ Anber?

Very interesting. Seems like James Ali Bashir got screwed over by these manipulations. Assuming that Usyk was happy with him.
        What's going on with Garcia?

Comment

Interesting.. Usyk did have a good game plan when he fought Glowacki and under Bashir.. I thought he got tagged quite often when he fought Mchunu.. we'll see how he does against Hunter..

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            What's going on with Garcia?
            He's focusing mainly on Mikey and the gym in riverside now.

Comment

Originally posted by BΣRϟΣRKΣR View Post
              He's focusing mainly on Mikey and the gym in riverside now.
              Ah, thx.

BTW, fun bit of trivia for everyone here. Russ Anber instructional vid featuring a very young David Lemieux.

Comment

Yeah Anber used to train Lemieux until Lemieux fired him after the Rubio fight. I never thought Russ trained anyone anymore and basically worked corners as a hand wrapper/cutman (Loma and Wilder among others) and also concentrated on his own business Rival Gear.

What I find weird is, if Usyk fired his trainer and hired Anber due to his hands, why so if Anber is actually the one that taped his hands up?

Someone is lying, and I think it is that Klimas dude. As far as that Usyk guy goes, I am not a fan of his. He has talent for a big guy, but I just find him weird.
                Last edited by deanrw; 04-02-2017, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I don't know why my name got mentioned here, I don't care about this whole situation, ha ha, as long as it doesn't have any effect on Usyk inside the ring

It'd be better if Papachenko was his trainer, but he's too focused on training his son

From what I've heard, Usyk felt that he has to change something after Mchunu fight, but it's hard to look good against awkward african fighters, they're not elite like American,ex-Soviet,British,Cuban or Mexican fighters but their style is so unorthodox they always make opponents to work hard to get that W. Usyk/Mchunu is not the only example, you can remember Sergey Kovalev/Chilemba or Andre Ward/Sakio Bika too.
                  Last edited by g27region; 04-03-2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    it's hard to look good against awkward african fighters
                    There's a truth to that. Comey is another that isn't razor sharp, but he's giving guys hard fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X