Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Opens As 25/1 Favorite For Yet To Be Announced Szeremeta Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elvelozpotosino View Post
    He didn't give Jacobs a rematch. A fight many saw Jacobs winning. And he won't give one to Dev. He only *****es and hangs in canelos nut. He's record was great because he was fighting bumbs all his career. He fight some competition in canelo, Jacobs and Dev and he is not all he was made to Be. Hype job

He will cowardly run away from Dev as he did with Jacobs
    Hype job that beat Canelo twice...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Golovkin choosing his regular level of comp, didn't work out too well when he stepped up.
      Same for Canelo except corrupt judges are always on hand to bail his sorry ass out. At lest G legitimately won his calibre fights.

Comment

Wtf is this trash. So much for ending your career with a bang. These dazn contracts are looking like bad investments the more time that goes by.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Golovkin arguably lost to Derevyenchenko, and should fight a rematch against him. I think the wear and tear in his last fight was more because of the gruelling rematch against Canelo, where he absorbed hard power punches. Against Sergei he was hit more times, but not as hard as from Canelo.
          No its because he was 6 months away from his 38th birthday and has obviously slowed down - he's not a cyborg who'll be fighting like a boxer in his mid 20's forever. Its safe to say Canelo will not be fighting elite middleweights (or any other elite division fighter) when he's 37 - hell he's already avoiding lions now and he's only 29 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            Wtf is this trash. So much for ending your career with a bang. These dazn contracts are looking like bad investments the more time that goes by.
            Golovkin has always been a bad investment. He's not called mr 92k for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              you kinda have a point there

fair call

but geez... it is hard to get excited about the guys he selects

his stay-busy fights are very poor

bro, have you seen Szeremeta fight... ?

me neither... and neither has anyone else
              Agreed. And no.

But... Golovkin is done now. He is in the business of boxing now, not so much the sport. Time to cash out.

Have you heard about all these great fighters coming out of Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan? Breadman talks about them occasionally and over on The Ring they talk about them. I bet at least one of them has the same natural talent as Golovkin, but lets see if any of them match his career in terms of big fights, fame and earnings. I'll be surprised if any of them do it.

All that 154-168 stuff turned out to be nonsense but I don't believe Golovkin even said it although he may have been ok with Sanchez saying it. was said to hype him basically. And it worked! Loeffler gets zero credit on these boards for the way he took a feared E.European fighter from virtually unknown to a top 5 attraction. Sanchez and Golovkin played their respective parts but Loeffler was the architect. Ward is the more skilled fighter, though not by much in my opinion, but how much money did he earn by the end of his career? And he sounds salty.

Golovkin was avoided by Martinez and Sturm when he was at his peak just like Andrade and Charlo are being avoided by Canelo and Golovkin now. Just like Haney is being avoided at 135. Just like Rigo was avoided by Frampton and Santa Cruz at 122. It happens.

So while I'd like to have seen Golovkin test himself against Charlo or Andrade after the 1st Canelo fight, I think now those fights would be almost a mismatch and the Charlo fight could do permanent damage to Gennady - but yeah, there has to be someone better than Sezremeta, I'd be ok with Golovkin Murata or Tureano Johnson.
              Last edited by SteveM; 01-07-2020, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Mmm, hmm. Well, as ever, thanks for taking the time to furnish me with a good volume of speculation and opinion to wade through, but I was rather hoping for something a little more fact based.

OK. Now. All the reports I can find seem to be based on this tweet by Rafael

Now this states fairly clearly that $7.5 mil of GGGs purse is in the form of equity in DAZN parent company... which in this context almost certainly means shares, possibly in Access Industries (parent to DAZN Group).

So yeah, from that I'm taking from that GGG does actually have a vested interest on the service performing well, quite aside from the fact that his own promotional company (GGG promotions) has an agrrement with DAZN for them to showcase some of his fighters.
                Dude that’s all general talk to promote GGG on DAZN. In fact as a company grows stronger the shares become more expensive. You’re right, DAZN has interest in GGG Promotions so those “shares” are credit based.

But as I reported long long ago, before anybody, seeing how Loeffler has ALWAYS rolled, PART OF THE AGREEMENT which caused a storm by DAZN’s naiveness, was that GGG Promotions needed to deliver the Canelo trilogy as well as GBP.

In one Mexican podcast Canelo’s legal team didn’t like the fact that they all were trying to boost DAZN’s profile off Canelo, EVERYONE. Which means that as Canelo continues and DAZN continues, GGG Promotions benefit from that, obviously. That is what was reported to Canelo in layman’s terms which is why he didn’t want to bend over to anyone, including GGG, off his metrics.

Any one of you would feel the same, and of course, Oscar had to arrange all of it that it broke viable trust. Who knows how they arranged it, but what we do know is That Hauser has always been loyal to Oscar, friends. That’s one of the reasons why Hauser is throwing hits at Matchroom USA and DAZN FOR THESE CIRCUMSTANCIAL REASONS.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                  Dude that’s all general talk to promote GGG on DAZN. In fact as a company grows stronger the shares become more expensive. You’re right, DAZN has interest in GGG Promotions so those “shares” are credit based.

But as I reported long long ago, before anybody, seeing how Loeffler has ALWAYS rolled, PART OF THE AGREEMENT which caused a storm by DAZN’s naiveness, was that GGG Promotions needed to deliver the Canelo trilogy as well as GBP.

In one Mexican podcast Canelo’s legal team didn’t like the fact that they all were trying to boost DAZN’s profile off Canelo, EVERYONE. Which means that as Canelo continues and DAZN continues, GGG Promotions benefit from that, obviously. That is what was reported to Canelo in layman’s terms which is why he didn’t want to bend over to anyone, including GGG, off his metrics.

Any one of you would feel the same, and of course, Oscar had to arrange all of it that it broke viable trust. Who knows how they arranged it, but what we do know is That Hauser has always been loyal to Oscar, friends. That’s one of the reasons why Hauser is throwing hits at Matchroom USA and DAZN FOR THESE CIRCUMSTANCIAL REASONS.
                  Yeah. Interesting opinions, my man, but back to my initial point... it's a puzzle to me why Golovkin ain't putting more effort into making the fights that'll boost DAZNs subs and - hopefully as a consequence - the value of his shares in the company.

Comment

GGG is eastern version of Canelo. He fights whoever he wants to fight. Deal with it, crybabies.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      they have been defending that rubbish for YEARS

it will not worry them one little bit

the standards/expectations for Golovkin are incredibly low
                      I know right? They won’t change no matter what, you’re 100% correct... lames

Comment

Working...
                      X