No announcement yet.

Boxing Strategies that work in FN4...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Strategies that work in FN4...

Considering this is a pretty in depth game i wanted to start posting some strategies of what I used to win. I'm not about the juice your fighter's stats to the max or cheap spamming of punches there are ways around that and it's just how to know how to play the game.

some small ones that are pretty obvious i think are jab beats haymaker...

I play like wink so I usually let people unload as I hold back blocking picking off shots, wait till thier stamina is low and then try to counter them...

I always try to end off combos with jabs when moving back...

I don't throw haymakers untill i know they are in KO mode...way easier to break threw the guard... and less opourtunities for my foe to counter...

The thing that I practice the most with is my defence moving blocking parry (which i'm still getting used to)

what do you guys got?

Yeah, I think I win my fighters without the haymakers if R2 is the haymaker button. I never learned how to use them if that is the button. I'm good enough with just using jabs, movement, and my fighters special move with the x button. Unless the x button is the haymaker.. I keep winning awards online like 5 wins straight.

Comment

Yeah I find the jab in the game allot more important to the mechanics of the game... i have found fighting guys that don't use the jab are easy to stick with if things get one sided a bit... it's always a part of my offence and defence going back.

How effective is the weave in FN4 i have never really pulled it out in a match...

Comment

I base what I do off of my opponents tactics. If he's one of those guys that throws constantly I fight going backwards to frustrate them. Then I come in an catch them with haymakers.

But if you are fighting a guy who throws nothing but haymakers be careful. You have to come in behind the jab. The jab is quick enough to stop a haymaker in its track. So the key is the jab.

And also if you walk in protecting the head most guys usually throw haymakers down low. So I'll come in protected up top then drop my hands and cover the body. Some guys are good at mixing it up though so you might get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe Bryant View Post
          I base what I do off of my opponents tactics. If he's one of those guys that throws constantly I fight going backwards to frustrate them. Then I come in an catch them with haymakers.

But if you are fighting a guy who throws nothing but haymakers be careful. You have to come in behind the jab. The jab is quick enough to stop a haymaker in its track. So the key is the jab.

And also if you walk in protecting the head most guys usually throw haymakers down low. So I'll come in protected up top then drop my hands and cover the body. Some guys are good at mixing it up though so you might get caught.
          yeah that's wise make them adjust to you. How do you find dealing with spammers? guy that throw punches only to the body? allot oe people complain about 'em I just give em foot work and circle back and box em... i mix it up with a straight right to the head everyonce and awhile.

Comment

I found another tip for spammers pretty much said what i do...

It's very easy realy. DO NOT stand in front of spamers. Move away make them chase you. go their body as well. block their shots, and let them tire. I am yet to lose to a spammer, and I beat a dude ranked number 5.

Comment

Depends on what the other guy does, usually i'm backing off from spammers with them chasing me, i unload a 3-4 punch combo then put my guard up and back off, rinse and repeat. Simple but effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Coholic View Post
                Depends on what the other guy does, usually i'm backing off from spammers with them chasing me, i unload a 3-4 punch combo then put my guard up and back off, rinse and repeat. Simple but effective.
                yeah agree i don't find em to hard...

Comment

I'm not even a fan of floyd mayweathers, but I've been playing this one custom character of floyds and I dominate opponents with my defense. Its alot funner than actually watching floyds fights on tv. Though the character portrayal of floyd is total bs, sincere I have a high workrate. That is the complete opposite of floyd in real life, with high punch output.

Comment

I spam body punches 24/7.... no just kidding, I had a guy who was tall and lanky, i would sit outside and box with him, but he had no power, i'd win alot of UDs, but as the competition got tougher he just wasn't working for me, so i created a shorter, stalkier dude, with lots of power and speed and with him, i bob and weave in, unload, and repeat, if i'm up against someone who counters well and doesn't throw a **** ton of punches i'm usually ****ed, but my technique there is to sit in the pocket and jab/straight head, hook to the body, to try to get them offensive and annoyed, then i bob and weave and spam (i guess thats what you'd call it, i call it very aggressive inside work) but against me, if you can counter, i can't spam you.

Comment

Working...
                    X