No announcement yet.

Miranda: "Taylor's a Terrible Fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBF34 View Post
    Do you think Hopkins or Winky would have Ko'd Ouma?
    Hell no they wouldnt have.
    Taylor dominated, and thats whats important.
    But neither are as big or strong as Taylor. Both aren't considered punchers. Taylor has always been considered a boxer puncher but that was because his KO's came against naturally smaller & inferior boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
      But neither are as big or strong as Taylor. Both aren't considered punchers. Taylor has always been considered a boxer puncher but that was because his KO's came against naturally smaller & inferior boxers.
      But he can still win fights by a wide and dominating margin.
      If Winky had beat Ouma 10-2 he would be praised highly, and thats bull****.
      Its winning thats important, and thats what Taylor did, by a wide margin.
      Taylor doesnt have one punch KO power and no one made him out to have that kind of power.

Comment

Originally posted by PBF34 View Post
        But he can still win fights by a wide and dominating margin.
        If Winky had beat Ouma 10-2 he would be praised highly, and thats bull****.
        Its winning thats important, and thats what Taylor did, by a wide margin.
        Taylor doesnt have one punch KO power and no one made him out to have that kind of power.
        Winky has never been regarded as a puncher & he shuts people out because of his defense. It might be a double-standard but it's the truth. And you can thank HBO's hype machine for talking about Taylor's power. They made him out to be this great puncher that he really isn't. If you look at objectively you can see that they (Dibella & HBO) matched him up with Ouma at his homecoming because: 1-He's not as strong as Taylor. 2-He's moving up from Jr. Middle. 3- He was rocked in his last few fights by fighters that aren't as strong as Taylor. 4- He as a straight forward style with no regard for defense that would allow Taylor to showcase his skills & power. Taylor did what he was supposed to do against a smaller inferior fighter. If he had stopped Ouma it might have been more impressive.

Comment

You know, if Taylor was smart he would take on Miranda now. At this point Miranda is still learning and needs to improve his defense. He is only going to get better with schooling and more experience. In 1-2 years, if Miranda can sharpen up a few of his flaws and Taylor getting older, a fight between them may have Miranda heavily favored.

I still think Miranda would beat him now. Taylor would look better early on, but after 1 or 2 flush power shots, Miranda would have him scared and backing up. It would be war!

Comment

Miranda would seriously test Taylor's chin. I'd LOVE to see that fight after Miranda takes care of Abraham.

Comment

I think it could be a good fight since Jermain has a brawler's heart somewhat it seems. I picture Steward training Jermain to purely box Miranda if they fight.

Comment

Taylor would have to box, it would be foolish to brawl with one of the best pure punchers in the game today.

Comment

Wouldn't be nice to see Taylor hit flush with this kind of power!!

Comment

LOL no way would Miranda beat Taylor, Taylor beat Hopkins twice like it or not he did, and he dew with Winky. Taylor is the reald eal quit acting like he is not.

Comment

Pantera, if that happens we will see just what Taylor is made up. I think Miraanda can do it, he has some intangibles that most fans don't think of. Intensity for one thing. You can't teach that kind of intensity and killer instinct that Miranda has. We haven't seen Taylor in with a big puncher yet, so Miranda should get a shot if he beats Abraham. I am not looking forward to seeing Taylor defend against another modest puncher. He seems to eat boxer types up. Let's see him take on Edison Miranda and prove his chin and heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X