Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where does Lennox Lewis Rank among heavey weights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lennox Lewis is top 10-5.

Lewis have the honor of being the only modern day heavyweight to defeat every man he ever faced. He avenged both his fluke defeats in spectacular fashion and have a great resume.
    In the case of Lennox, it is not 1 or 2 wins that stands out but his amazing collective body of work that really puts him ahead of the pack. Lewis in his 15th fight fought a undefeated power puncher name Gary Mason. Gary Mason was 35-0 with 34 Knock outs. Let's think for a moment about just how special that is.

Gary Mason's 'padded record' stage consists Tyrell Biggs, James Tillis, Lorenzo Boyd, Alfonzo Ratliff, Ricky Parkey, Donnie Long, James Pritchard, Mark Wills, Everett Martin, Louis Pergaud, Hughroy Currie, Terry Armstrong, David Jaco and Jess Harding. Compare those fights to the fighters Detontay Wilder knocked out and you will see the sheer skill difference between the two.
    Mason had a 99% knock out ratio heading into the Lewis fight. Lewis was a virtual youngster and he ended up knocking out the knock out artist.

Lewis went on to ko Biggs and Weaver and put up a string of very good performances before entering a 4 men elimination tournament which consisted of

Bowe-Holyfield
    Lewis-Ruddock.
    Razer Ruddock was one of the most feared punchers in the division and a solid favorite to beat the relatively unknown Brit. Lennox ended up destroying Ruddock in 2 rounds. What followed was one of the most despicable acts known to mankind as Riddick Big ***** Bowe decided to duck Lennox and throw his belt into the trashcan. Cheating Lewis of a possible career defining trilogy. Bowe was dominated by Lewis in the Olympics and never ever wanted to get within 200 miles of Lewis's fists ever again.
    Lewis lost motivation, but still managed to come from behind and knock out Frank Bruno (who is a very solid HW and would have been champion today). He also beat Tony Tucker, who is one of the most under rated heavies of the last 3 eras, Tucker went the distance with a prime Tyson and had Tyson fighting confused for stretches.

He lost to Oliver Mccall via a debatable stoppage, regrouped and came back to dominate another underrated fighter in Tommy Morrison. Prime Ray Mercer followed. I hear some people joke about how Mercer was a split decision nail biting fight. These people don't know **** about boxing and should re watch the fight. The match was close and a prime Mercer fought his heart out, but lost steam starting from Round 5 and was eating Lewis right hands, combinations, along with long jabs to the face again and again.
    Lewis-Mercer was a very competitive 7-3 affair.

Lewis went on to beat Mccall in the rematch, Lennox caused some sort of mental melt down from Mccall(some people say drugs, I say Lewis's right hand)
    Lennox went on to KO the very feared Golota in one round. Golota beat the living crap out of Riddick Bowe for 2 straight fights. His low blows was disgraceful, but it don't change the fact Golota won 90% of the rounds and beat Bowe half to death.
    Lewis was a under dog and knocked out Golota in 1 round.

Željko Mavrović was a undefeated iron chin super champion from Europe and Lennox beat him 9-3. At best you can say it was a 8-4 fight. Zeljko had a lot of talent, heart and chin. What happened after the Lewis fight was a shame, a damn shame. To this day, Lewis was the only guy to have beaten Mavrovic, so many others tried, they all failed. With the exception of Lennox.
    Prime Shannon Briggs was knocked down numerous times and destroyed by Lennox in the fifth. Some of the most surreal shoulder roll defense was shown by Lewis in that fight. A decade later, a shot Briggs went 12 with a Prime Vitali.

Lewis dominated and embarrassed a still elite Holyfield and won 10-2 on every score card imaginable to the human race. He was cheated by sand Devil Demon Don King. He went on to beat Holyfield again, albeit not as dominant as the first time.

Michael Grant was hyped beyond belief. This ****er was the original Lucian Bute of the HW'S and he was Froched by Lennox. Grant was also 6'8 and a giant super HW with great athletic abilities. People say Golota and Grant didn't do anything after Lennox fought them, of course they didn't. Lewis broke them, they were done.

Lennox went on to fight murderous super puncher David Tua and made Tua look like some kind of fat sparring partner. I had it 12-0 Lewis in the widest most dominant performance of all times when it comes to UD'S.

If you think Wladimir dominated Haye, go watch Lewis-Tua, that is what true domination is all about. Oh btw, that version of Tua would have knocked out Haye in 4-5 Rounds tops.

Lewis avenged his defeat against Rahman by throwing quite possibly one of the most ruthless 1-2 in boxing history and went on to dominate Mike Tyson. Lewis vs Mike is like Calzaghe vs Jones.
    Both Mike and Jones was shot, but Calzaghe and Lewis were past their best days as well.

Lennox retired by beating Vitali, despite being a very fat 256+ and heavily under trained. HBO repeatly mentioned how fat and how under conditioned Lewis looked.
    Lewis against a Prime Vitali was a war and Lennox was coming on strong in the end. Rounds 4-6, Lennox was pouring it on and Vitali would not have survived past the 8th if the fight was not stopped.

Lennox also now have 156 million dollars, guys like Bowe and Holyfield are dead broke, fat, unhealthy and probably diseased. Tyson was broke too until Hollywood helped him out.

To have Lennox any lower then 10 is a insult.

I apologize for the long post and the use of bad language and ramblings. I tend to get a bit passionate when it comes to Lennox Lewis topics.
    Last edited by chloelloyd; 09-10-2012, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
      Lennox Lewis is top 10-5.

Lewis have the honor of being the only modern day heavyweight to defeat every man he ever faced. He avenged both his fluke defeats in spectacular fashion and have a great resume.
      That is factually incorrect. Ingemar Johansson and Riddick Bowe also hold wins over every opponent they faced. And I wouldn't call Lennox's win over McCall as anything close to "spectacular". Just bizzare.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        That is factually incorrect. Ingemar Johansson and Riddick Bowe also hold wins over every opponent they faced. And I wouldn't call Lennox's win over McCall as anything close to "spectacular". Just bizzare.
        Hey, Leonard only made Duran say "No mas".

Lewis mad McCall cry for his mommy.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
          I rank Lewis somewhere between 11 - 15. He a was rather dull and one-dimentional fighter. He only had two weapons - the left jab and the right cross. He used the (mostly pawing) left jab to set-up the right hand. He neglected the left hook and rarely used the uppercut. If he ever had the ability to punch in combinations, he hid it well; he was obsessed with delivering the coup de grāce with his right hand.
          Disagree with most of your post.

Personally can't name 3 Heavyweights with a better uppercut then Lewis,
          his uppercut was just as scary as his right and he used it plenty, brought it from the ground up and damn near took heads off.

He wasn't exactly a brilliant combination puncher but he put them together as well as most and I wouldn't say he neglected his left hook he went too the body with it quite a lot.

You don't beat the opponents he did and avenge yourself as dominantly as he did by being 'one dimensional'.

Don't like making lists but I think I'd have Lewis in the top 10.

Comment

Somewhere between 20 and 30 in the top Thirty Spots! A good boxer with a good right hand who without his frame would have done very little in the division. Very simular to the Klits. Bros. their talent was predicted on their height. If any of them were 6'1 they'd be in the top 80 or not all. All of them shot right hands from far above everyone else none of them move with fluidity none of them work in combinations from all angles.
            They fight like amatuers do, stand tall throw straight shots use your heigth and don't go insde, if you find yourself in there ..........Hold!

I watched Lenox when he was a kid inperson in a number of gyms and thought he'd do very well as a pro. I thought he would develop into a good boxer who could step in and do damage however he really didn't improve that much and I thought he could have been much better. He did do pretty well!!
            Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Somewhere between 20 and 30 in the top Thirty Spots! A good boxer with a good right hand who without his frame would have done very little in the division. Very simular to the Klits. Bros. their talent was predicted on their height. If any of them were 6'1 they'd be in the top 80 or not all. All of them shot right hands from far above everyone else none of them move with fluidity none of them work in combinations from all angles.
              They fight like amatuers do, stand tall throw straight shots use your heigth and don't go insde, if you find yourself in there ..........Hold!

I watched Lenox when he was a kid inperson in a number of gyms and thought he'd do very well as a pro. I thought he would develop into a good boxer who could step in and do damage however he really didn't improve that much and I thought he could have been much better. He did do pretty well!!
              Ray.
              It's always funny to me when people say how ordinary guys like Lewis, Klitschko, etc. would be if they were 6'1. They aren't, and any speculation is moot. How come I never hear anyone talk about what if Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was only 6'5? Because it doesn't ****ing matter and there is no point discussing it.

Comment

I already wrote a extremely long post and rambled on about Lennox. I don't want to offend anyone or get into a argument against any Lewis Haters.

Like I said in another post, 'Sites like this are great to post and read yours along with the opinions of others. It makes for very interesting debate and topics of conversation. But the bottom line is, our opinions are worth nothing when it comes to ATG Rankings or the credits given to boxers.

The opinions of boxing analysts and pundits around the world is where it really matters. Sure, we might disagree with some of them and we might think some of them are utterly moronic, but they are the ones that do what they do for a living, we post on sites during our off time. There is a difference.

And the vast majority of boxing pundits around the world got Lennox Lewis as a Top 10 ATG Heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                X