Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto fought Tony the 1st time like he did the 2nd time, he would have won..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cotto fought Tony the 1st time like he did the 2nd time, he would have won..

We dont know if Tony had loaded gloves or not..
    But if Cotto turned, stayed off the ropes and clinched like he did in the rematch he would have hung on for a decision imo..

So stop using loaded gloves as an excuse..

They are tied 1-1 as far as Im concerned..

the loaded gloves is not an excuse it is a proven fact that he cheated. Did he cheat for this fight, who knows but i dont see why he wouldnt have.

Comment

I completely agree. I still laugh at people who say Cotto fought the same way the 2nd fight.

If he paid as much attention to staying off the ropes in the first fight he probably would have gutted out a hard fought decision.

Comment

If Margarito didn't have plaster Cotto would have won IMO.

There's multiple reasons for this, I don't think I need to mention them.

Comment

How did cotto beat Marg the 2nd time again???

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
            We dont know if Tony had loaded gloves or not..
            But if Cotto turned, stayed off the ropes and clinched like he did in the rematch he would have hung on for a decision imo..

So stop using loaded gloves as an excuse..

They are tied 1-1 as far as Im concerned..
            Margarito was also impacted by losing his eye for most of the fight. Which is the direct result of his eye injury from his previous fight. It played a big factor, and it's impossible to say for sure how the fight would have gone had his eye not closed from trauma on an eye that had just had work/healed.

Comment

the plaster made the difference, he would've still lost imo with the plasters

Comment

we still cant say that Marg had plaster but what we saw in the 2nd fight was that Cheato is a bad style match up for Cotto. If Margos eye wasnt messed up i saw the 2nd fight going the same way as the 1st. Cotto was running alot.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                  we still cant say that Marg had plaster but what we saw in the 2nd fight was that Cheato is a bad style match up for Cotto. If Margos eye wasnt messed up i saw the 2nd fight going the same way as the 1st. Cotto was running alot.
                  It's pretty clear that he had the plaster by the pics Cotto had and the state of his face in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OutofTyme
                    margs win was more brutal, cottos who face was disfigured...lol
                    I dunno, Cotto's swelling subsided but Margarito is going to have trouble with that weak orbital bone for life, Cotto was beating on it for 9 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X