Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Roy Jones Call That Maidana Punch Or What?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Roy Jones Call That Maidana Punch Or What?

Roy Jones said Maidana was landing that overhand right and would eventually lower it and catch Kanh right on the button and sure enough he did. Kahn did a great job of making it through the round, just mentioning it because Roy Jones called it perfectly.

HBO should have never parted ways with him in the first place, he doesn't need to go to any fighter meetings or any of that ****, he knows what's going on in the ring and that's what counts. Who cares if the guy has twin daughters, or any of that other BS.

Roy Jones is scary with his predictions while he's broadcasting a fight. He's a great analyst that truly knows boxing inside and out.

Comment

roy for the most part is a great anylast !!!!! he makes merchant look like a fool at times

Comment

Roy Jones doesn't know boxing. He just got by on his athletic gifts

Comment

I def agree. Not just cause im a fan but he seriously belongs behind the mic at HBO. Love how Jim asked "how do you block an UPPERCUT ROY" And roy answered by saying you turn your palm and cufff it in towards your chin. Might have said it diff but he is right!!! RJJR to replace stewart!!!

Comment

he sure did.

I like how he says "Khan"

Comment

Roy has been spot on sinse the the trinidad-mayorga match years back now

Comment

Roy is my favourite commentator. knows his stuff

Anyone who saw the sky version - the commentator said Khan had to look out for those wild swings about 1 second before it landed in rd 10

Comment

Yeah he's been doing this for a while, he did the same thing in a Hopkins fight, I think it was against Robert Allen but it was a long time ago so I can't recall exactly. I do remember he said Hopkins was setting a particular punch and sure enough in the next round Hopkins landed the same punch and put the guy down.

Comment

Roy was awesome !! great co-commentator. He knew that body shot hurt Maidana and was already like: "OOOHHH".

Comment

Working...
                    X