Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Enjoy Watching Andre Ward Box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i find it pretty painful to watch his fights ...they call him bhop 2.0. but i recall watching many of nards older fights and he didnt always fight liek that. when he was younger he was truly more of an executioner. why ward and many other fighters like berto fight liek this is casue its easier for them to grind out a win in this style. and theres less danger of gettgin nailed on the chin. so if the ref isnt going to say **** why the **** not. theres where the problem lays, there should be a clinch rule in-acted an official counting the total clinches per round, more warnings and points being taken away.

clinching should only really be allowed when your hurt. it ruins fights and makes them boring

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
      Out of the Kessler, Green, and Bika fights, I found the Green fight to be the least entertaining. I wouldn't classify any of them as boring though.

I didn't think the Miranda fight was boring either.
      Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
      the green fight was more of the same **** ... but it was green initiating much of the clinches. that was the only difference. that was really not in any way a good display of inside fighting to me. inside fighting is james toney. not holding and hitting

I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Why can't you people work with me?

Look he has bad fights and it's kind of infuriating because he's got so much talent.

In a way it's like Berto, only Ward is more infuriating because he's much more talented.

Is he a Pac like exciting killer, hell no.

Can he be? I think he can.

I think that both fighters can be complicit in the hugging.

Or you can push the guy away and crack him. Sometimes I wish Ward did the latter more often, cuz he's talented enough to do it.

I just wonder if him getting rocked early in his career made him a tad more cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
        how many Super Bowl trophies do you guys have?
        We have 6.

Comment

The English would fly over to Vegas to watch a guy like that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

Look he has bad fights and it's kind of infuriating because he's got so much talent.

In a way it's like Berto, only Ward is more infuriating because he's much more talented.

Or you can push the guy away and crack him. Sometimes I wish Ward did the latter more often, cuz he's talented enough to do it.

I just wonder if him getting rocked early in his career made him a tad more cautious.

totally agreed JReck...you just highlighted the most frustrating thing; he HAS the tools to be a dynamic fighter if he wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
              We have 6.

you have 6 Super Bowl wins? interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                The attendance went from 8000 for Ward's Green fight down to 4100 for his Bika fight.

He's not easy to watch, even for people who like him. The referees need to stop him from holding his opponents' arms.
                Dude holds and cheats more than anyone I have ever seen. I guess with an entire hometown refing and judging crew, it's easy to getaway with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

thats what i think it must be ... he doesnt have full confidence in his chin and its less risk/easier to win in this style. cause you would think he has the talent and athleticism to box

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                    you have 6 Super Bowl wins? interesting
                    I forgot to mention it was 6 in my dream.

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
                      thats what i think it must be ... he doesnt have full confidence in his chin and its less risk/easier to win in this style. cause you would think he has the talent and athleticism to box

i remember watching Ward when he first turned pro..i forget who it was against but it had to be within his first 5 fights and he got dropped by a tomato can...i hope that didn't stick in his mind too much and is causing this super cautious approach

Comment

Working...
                      X