No announcement yet.

Audley Harrison, bust or star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audley Harrison, bust or star?

what are your thoughts? is this guy the next lennox or the next michael grant?

hi mate, well he sure aint the next lennox, I think if he steps it up and improves in the States (definitely a good thing for his career) he may be able to manouvre himself for a decent title shot, after meeehan nearly beat brewster and williams sparked him in the first round, hardly awe inspiring.

Cant see him taking out Vitali though, too big too rough and too relentless, Aud needs to up his work rate but he has some decent boxing skills, all depends on the next 12 months in my view.

But most of all he needs to up his standard of opponent.

Comment

He's neither. Once he steps up with the quality of his opponents he's going to be the next Axel Schulz. He's fought no one, and he failed to KO Francis, which is something that Sam, Maskaev, Tyson, V. Klitschko, Williams, Mavrovic, Welch, and Ruiz all were able to do.

Comment

The guy has been apro for some years now and hasn't even made a dent in the division and now he will be put back because of his bad hand

right now im saying he's a bust

Comment

he fought francis but stated before the fight he wasnt going to knock him out becauise he wanted the fight to go the distance, to improve his own fitness....... im not saying hes the best boxer out there but a lot of people are under rating him in my opinion

Comment

he also did floor him in the last. It was a performance where Audley boxed well within himself and only let his hands go in the last 3 rounds or so.

I dont think its fair to judge him on that fight alone. (by the way skelton also didnt knock out francis nor floor him, Luan Krasniq decisioned him, same Danny williams (to avenge a defeat) but no-one goes on about that.

He has had a lot of negative press but that's 'cos he got a bit carried away after the olympics overhyping himself.

I do believe he will give it a good go in 2005, whether he is good enough to make it with the big names we will have to wait and see.

Comment

Either way he has a really low KO percentage and even more so when you figure in the talent of heavyweights that he has faced.

Comment

I have never heard of Audley Harrison. Maybe he is a bust. If he was a star, I think I would have heard of him. I might be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter
                  I have never heard of Audley Harrison. Maybe he is a bust. If he was a star, I think I would have heard of him. I might be wrong.
                  He's better than Wlad though

Comment

That might be a bit of stretch as of right now by comparing who Wlad has beaten compared to who Harrison has beaten.

Comment

Working...
                    X