Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put in perspective: Danny Jacobs got outboxed by a ONE-LEGGED fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His body is slowing breaking down due to all of his years of roiding. Knee problems are just one of the complications of doing just that. The body can only carry so much muscle mass. Once it reaches its limit then something's gotta give. He is going to blow that knee out if he doesn't cycle off the juice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      what's a carnelo?
      According to him, he ate tainted Mexican meat.

Meat in Spanish = carne.

Clenelo is also accurate, but we need to give him the benefit of the doubt on the source being meat. And thus, Carnelo.

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
      I remember I was discussing Danny's boxing IQ with another poster. He said Danny was a dumb fighter and I said that Danny was just average...I'm starting to think he was right and that Danny is just dumb.
      I really don't think Jacobs has a low ring IQ. I think that Pirog knockout sent him tentative against known knockout fighters and he never fully recovered. Which is why I questioned how it was that he was able to take Quillin out, because Quillin has a high KO rate. It's either that, something with diet, or something with the big lights. He actually fights very smart, he just doesn't turn it up when he needs to. It's like he's better as an aggressor than trying to be a slick boxer.

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Yesterday she was so slick posters were claiming her as black and today she’s a one-legged cripple.
      His knee problem is/was documented. It's not like it was just made up or something.

Comment

Pretty impressive in that he had to chase Jacobs all over.I just can’t believe he didn’t try to stand his ground a little more and force some exchanges.He was feeling those punches Canelo was nailing him with big time.Lost respect for Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
          the slurping is off the charts.

but lets play the game

Canelo couldn't hurt or KO a cancer survivor?? LAAMME.
          He wasn't trying to, nor did he need to, knock out Jacobs.

Jacobs is the one that needed to show up and get the Carne Champion out of there. He failed to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            I don't remember seeing Alvarez hobble around. I just saw an elastic brace on his left knee.
            Sergio wasn't hobbling at first against Cotto. It wasn't until he got clipped that he started hobbling.

Comment

bum knee? lol dude, give it a break.

Are we also going to point out that Jacobs was almost weight drained and had a horrible weight cut?

When you step into the ring, there's no excuses. Now if he got injured during the fight, that be one thing. But I don't want to hear about bum knees going into a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                bum knee? lol dude, give it a break.

Are we also going to point out that Jacobs was almost weight drained and had a horrible weight cut?

When you step into the ring, there's no excuses. Now if he got injured during the fight, that be one thing. But I don't want to hear about bum knees going into a fight.
                Bro, an excuse applies when you LOSE. Not when you win.

Carnelo not only had a clear knee brace on, you just saw the other thread about the Andrade fight being in potential jeopardy pending the outcome of his knee. Which means it's not 100%.

"At the end of the day", he performed admirably against a top flight fighter, with one healthy leg. Respect that

Comment

Jacob's can't even throw consistent straight punches. He is just an ok fighter. Compare Jacob's at 32 to any fight with Hopkins at 32 and you will see just how mediocre Jacobs is.
                  Last edited by Mister Wolf; 05-06-2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Canelo's knee is probably as crippled as Maravilla Martinez's knee was when he got blasted out by Cotto

but ginger is still kicking ass and taking names, that's how good Canelo is

from now on, we have to refer him as a damaged goods fighter, no longer in his prime

anything he does deserves extra praise

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      He wasn't trying to, nor did he need to, knock out Jacobs.

Jacobs is the one that needed to show up and get the Carne Champion out of there. He failed to do that.
                      Jacobs dictated the pace all night. Canelo couldnt cut the ring with a chainsaw.

Comment

Working...
                      X