No announcement yet.

Ko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ko

hello boxers from all over the world,i know this theme has been written for many times but i got to ask, where does the power come example:mike tyson(how to get punching power,like tyson?)
    ok that is it, thanks for all your anwser and stay sharp!!

There are several hundred answers to this question.

Comment

2 many factors involved. i myself believe dat every power puncher gets his power another way, sum from there perfect technique in punching, sum with alot of speed and power and sum with their snap and many more ways. every1 who punches hard has the hard punch becoz of a diff reason.

Comment

there are many things that factor in a knockout

you willbe better off searching the net or asking
        a doctor

power comes from technique
        unless your jsut strng and heavy handed

but with technique you learn
        how to use your legs hips shoudlers
        and yoru arms to throw correct punches
        a correct pucnh should have enough
        power to knock someone out

if you hti them int he right spot at the right time

Comment

i still dont get the term "heavy handed". does it mean he literally has heavy hands or his punches are heavy becoz of his strength?

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
            i still dont get the term "heavy handed". does it mean he literally has heavy hands or his punches are heavy becoz of his strength?

they are just strong guys

they can throw punches that arent correct and still do daage

example george foreman his punches were wid and sloppy yet he
            could knock anyone out(im talkign prime foreman)

if lenox threw the same punches he woudltn do half as much damage as he does when he throw correct punches

wladamere throws correct punches and i feel does damage
            vitali is heavy handed and can throw lazy long punches
            and do as much damage

Comment

yeah its mainly from technique how you throw your punches, pivot your feet, and twist your hips. you have to put your entire body into it. there are also certain places on the body that if hit correctly, will not matter if they are thrown hard can still knock someone out. ie. kidneys, jaw(mainly on the sides), temple, solar plexus.

Comment

Originally posted by abidi
                hello boxers from all over the world,i know this theme has been written for many times but i got to ask, where does the power come example:mike tyson(how to get punching power,like tyson?)
                ok that is it, thanks for all your anwser and stay sharp!!
                arm strength can be overrated when it comes 2 punch power. u gotta remember the strongest and largest muscle groups are in ya legs. when iromn mike threw those bombs, he would crouch and push off his legs. Ali was kinda the same, but his build meant he had a different way of transferring power from leg 2 arms. Ali bounced around as we all know, and would often spring off his feet with lighting fast straight punches that generated much power from legs and transferred to upper body. Upper body muscles are important but look at the functionality of bicep compared to calves or thigh muscles. The believe the saying sprinters make good boxers is partially true, becos they have immense explosive power from buttocks and thighs when throwing a punch. An amatuer from my country who had over 50 kos/tkos/stoppages combined had a sprinters background. he ended up going to 2 olympic games. but there are guys who are heavy handed, like the middleweight maselino masoe, the hardest hitting middleweight atm, he could of rep. his country in weightlifting aswell as boxing for that weight.
                key is find ya strengths, and use them during the fite. if u got strong arms, u can afford 2 throw arm punches. if u got strong legs or a faster runner, focus on generating power from them.

Comment

Technique is most important...

Look at Thomas Hearns, Joe Louis, and Mike Tyson...

They are the best tactitians in the game..

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
                    Technique is most important...

Look at Thomas Hearns, Joe Louis, and Mike Tyson...

They are the best tactitians in the game..
                    tyson a tactician? ROFLMAO more like a grunt dude. Hearns is somewhere in between, and I'd consider louis a tactician..

but nowhere near the best in the game. foreman, willie pep, and bernard hopkins are the best tacticians..

Comment

Working...
                    X