No announcement yet.

Artist of the Decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
    ^i dont think jay-z has ever been wack. is he as good as he once was? no. but wack? never. but i respect your opinion, everybody has a right to their opinion

as far as the poll...i'm not sure. any choice would be fine by me....
    yeah you are right i did not word that very well. eminem has been wack. hov, not wack, his material has just steadily decreased in quality.

Comment

Originally posted by MegStarr* View Post
      yeah you are right i did not word that very well. eminem has been wack. hov, not wack, his material has just steadily decreased in quality.
      yeah but i shouldn't have said anything..lol. everyone has a right to their opinion, and to say their opinion however they want.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
        yeah but i shouldn't have said anything..lol. everyone has a right to their opinion, and to say their opinion however they want.
        naw you're right though.
        i definitely misrepresented myself there so respects for noticing.

Comment

Originally posted by MegStarr* View Post
          Nas
          Andre 3000
          Kanye West
          Jay Z
          The Roots

i feel like Busta should be in there too.

sorry
          Eminem gets no love from me in this category, considering the fact that his material has gotten steadily wacker by the second. but so has Jay Z's, in my opinion, but he's dropped enough boom **** in the decade to be included.
          How come Andre but no Big Boi? I think Outkast should replace Andre on your list as their releases have far surpassed Andre's solo achievements. Just my opinion, but Big Boi never get's the love.

Comment

Kanye west!!

Comment

gucci mane

Comment

How does Andre 3000 stay so fresh and relevant?
                I can't think of many that have to his extent...

Comment

this answer is eminem---not only did he captivate countries with his marshall mathers lp, winning grammys for it, he had an impact never seen in hip hop history...the mmlp is the fastest selling album ever...it showed his brilliant virtuoso in pretty much every song...you got a song like the way i am---that was gritty, though provoking, and edgy, but on top of all that, just lyrically raw as ****...you realized just how ill this man was...then their was the real slim shady---his single that caused controversy amongst people, but you couldn't deny, no matter how much youwanted to, the skill of eminem...his flow in that song was just staggering...rhymescheme, undeniably jolting...then you got one of the most creative, though provoking, and greatest songs in music history--stan...never done before in rap, and eminem created a masterpiece with this song--he was more than qualified to become a legend in music, just off this album alone, because of the thought he put into it---skillwise, he was already a legend--he proved that on the underground scene, and with the outsidaz on his infinite album, and of course the sslp...he also caused so much controversy with the mmlp amongst the mass with politicians(the president-bill clinton), glaad, singers like christina ag, britney spears, n'sync, etc, pop icons who were ruling music at the time until eminem came into the picture, and he kind of led people away from them..along with the temultious relationship with his mother and wife, eminem touched on the beef with icp...i mean he went after so many people on this album that presented one of the most shocking songs in history, in kim. that song was jaw dropping...but, even with the content being crazy as it was, the way he described was masterful...you knew, he was a lyricist, a true lyricist...this was his classic album, period...his impact in music was unstoppable...his performance at the grammy with elton john was one of the most memorable performances in grammy history---and he was the most impactful artist at the greammy that year with glaad members being there, with picket signs against him...it was unforgettable...

next, he made album with d12, started up his group...talked about drugs, murder, all types of things, kept his name out there....did a track with jay called renegades and spit two of the greatest verses ever, outshined jay z on it also...did some other things, shows, media, all types of things...

made the eminem show, and brought us in closer with his songs....white america was a classic hit--very brilliant song--well spit---very insightful--something different...this album was also a classic from eminem---he had a song--cleaning out my closet that brought us closer to his mom fiasco--very well done---the song soldier--was arguably the illest song on the album as far as raw lyricism goes---that song was one of the illest songs i ever heard...eminem's lyrical ability showcased tremendously on this album, and his content shifted also...he touched on different subjects, his mind matured, and he grew up on this album, and that's a testament to his versatility, as well as his preceding albums, infinite, mmlp, and sslp...you could see the content on those albums, and the ability of him to touch on different things that could bring out so many emotions in people, just genius...that is a true artist.....em also made a song superman that was something different--classic song--nice tune---just ill...then he made sing for the moment--which showed me that this man could possibly be one of the greatest artists in music history, not just hip hop...that's a legend people...the impact of this album put eminem on another level from every other hip hop artist..it's like when he hits the scene again, no matter who is on top at the time, he takes over, everytime...that's impact people...till i collapse was arguably the best song on the album with white america, sing for the moment, soldier, saying goodbye to hollywood, and square dance also being the best songs on this album which outsold every other rap album....another classic album by eminem...he had two back to back albums peopl...some people on here call the eminem show his best album---i say his best album was mmlp--the most impactful album was the mmlp--the most well rounded album was the eminem show...oh yes, and he won more grammys in the process and many other awards also...

he then goes on to sign a guy that would eventually become the biggest rap artist in the world, during eminem's departure...em passed that title to 50 cent...em knows good business---he learned from the legend himself, dr. dre, he knows that controversy sells, he signed 50 cent and 50 hasn't looked back yet....em also has his string of beefs with benzino, he joned the 50 and ja rule beef, he had a beef with moby, limp bizkit, whitey ford, bill clinton, temper gore, the chaney's...he put out song classic diss records like nail in the coffin, the sauce, girls, i remember, quitter/hit em up, hail mary, bully... i mean the man can do it all...

during all of this---he does another d12 album with songs like 40oz, how come, and more hot songs...his style evolved also...his flow changed--his methodicism showed, his legend only grew...

he does a movie called 8 mile that he did an excellent job in, had some great battle scences in it---good movie with a great soundtrack---with songs like love me, rabbit run, rap game, and of course the song of all songs, that he summed up brilliantly, masterfully, and won him an oscar...lose yourself...he signs obie trice, a couple more artists and then takes another well deserved break...

he goes through more turmoil with benzino who brings out this tape em made when he was 15 that displayed racism on it...follish pride it was called...that put a lot of pressure on him---he handled it very well--and benzino couldn't at the end of the day crush his name...

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
                    How does Andre 3000 stay so fresh and relevant?
                    I can't think of many that have to his extent...
                    It's easy to stay fresh when you drop 1 or 2 verses a year.

He is nice as **** though. But he gets way too much credit while Big Boi gets insanely slept on.

Comment

but this was also a bad time for eminem, because he was going through ups and downs with his wife again..he had already been sued by his mother for 10 million dollars---his wife already tried to committ suicide--he was doing a lot of drugs--he started to say in interviews how he was afraid of being on top of rap---which was evolving so much, with 50 cent taking off, and all of the beef situation---em's beef with his former friend and hype man--royce da 5'9...then he made his next album, encore---and it wasn't for the 1st time in a long time a classic album, but it did have classic songs in it like mosh, like toy soldiers, yellow brick road, some bonus songs like love you more, monkey see/monkey do, all well written songs and well spitten songs...he also had a witty songs with d12 called one shot, two shots that he spit very well and put together very well, and the song imo was brilliant seeing how eminem summed up what was happening and how he was able to continue to tell the story of what was happening following bizarre's verse, swifty's verse, and kuniva's verse...they all did a hell of a job on this song....he also had songs like we as americans, ricky ticky toc, and curtains down that were good songs, but this album was frowned down on because of his songs like rain man, ass like dat, big weenie---all of which his flow was still enact and he still had his skillset in the rhymescheme department---with him being white, and so skilled, and so successful, he has to work twice as hard to be accepted by black media, black fans to a certain extent, because any subpar song, he gets hammered...but eminem is a soldier, he knows how overcoem all of this---people forget those songs i just listed as well as mockingbird, which was one of the most heart-felt songs he ever made to his daughter, the most importnat person in his life, the only person that really matters to him...well written song, great content, another classic song from him....

during all of this, he was featured on songs and albums from obie trice, xzibit, 50 cent, g-unit, the lox, p. diddy, jay z, akon, ti, dr dre, nate dogg, snoop dogg, busta rhymes, etc, you name it, he's done it///as a result we got songs like patiently waiting, don't approach me, smack that, what's the difference, i'll hurt you, shake that ass, it has been said, one day at a time, assassins, touchdown, and more...

he did a biggie/tupac song called running from tupac resurrection soundtrack---he prodcued many songs for different artists, signed more rappers like bobby creekwater, cassius, trick trick, and more...

he took a two year hiatus from rap and came with eminem presents the re-up where he showcased more of his skill...we got the song you don't know, where he once again proved why he is one of the greatest lyricists ever...

he then went through one of the darkest periods in his life with his best friends proof getting killed, obie trice surviving a gun wound to the head, em taking sleeping pills to the point of where it became a dependent, doing more drugs, alcoholism, almost dying himself trying to fight all of these demons---and not being making a solo album for five years...

2009 comes around, and a song called we made you hits, and eminem is back again, perserveering like he always does...going through rehab, staying clean and sober, and now he's rejuvinated, so what else can he touch on but what has happened to him these past 4 yearsm him losing proof, drugs, alcohol, more...and it's only right to go back and talk about his mom, step father, and touch on dark themes with dark songs about murderr in the only mannyer eminem can do it in, his own...he gets into his slim shady character and gives us relapse, which is doing amazing in sales depsite being leaked almost two weeks early...could be another classic album eventually with some time...he looks different, lost a lot of weight, has his brown hair color, his natural hair color. seems so calm and subdued, and it seems as if he's is in a decent state of mind, and taking life day by day... he is set to drop relapse 2 in the fall...we'll see what eminem has for us then...as for right now, relapse is still being digested and overall recieved well, with the exception of his usual haters, some fans, politicians, other rappers, bill o' reiley, you know, the usual suspects...but his numbers are great...his content is once again controversial, but his genius hasn't left the building folks...

big up to jay z, nas, rick ross, kanye, lil wayne, ti, 50 cent, snoop dogg, busta rhymes, andre
                      3000, dipset, the game, swizz beats, dr dre, whoever else, but eminem is the artist of the decade, and i feel many of them will agree.....

he created shade45, the biggest radio station out arguably for mainstream rappers...what's next em? stay tuned folks....

Comment

Working...
                      X