Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How likely can Pac-JMM 3 break 1Mil PPVs? If it doesnt will it force PBF-Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
    UFC fight comes on 9et/6pst...Pac-JMM PPv starts @the same time

and how is Pac bigger than Floyd in popularity when he doesnt sell more PPVs?
    UFC on Fox will be just an hour show from 9-10et. so im sure its done before the undercards are finished.

Based on their last PPV's Pac outsells May. No? its 2011 not 2010.
    Last edited by Artician; 10-31-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
      Where is the proof it did 1m ppv buys? there you go, no proof as you just said

Your bs has been exposed once again.

Boxing writers have said it has done 1.3m buys, (neutral writers), Arum said weeks before he was unsure on the exact number but said its between 1.1 and 1.4m ppv buys.

There could be a number of reasons official numbers are not released, probably the same reason as floyds not being OFFICIALLY released, due to tax reasons.
      The reason Arum gave for the lag in getting pay-per-view numbers and for why he is unsure of more precise totals is because Showtime, largely out of the pay-per-view business in recent years, does not have the kind of database and expertise to extrapolate numbers like HBO does.

"We know we have a little over 1.3 million," Arum said. "What we don't have are some of the smaller cable systems. What I'm saying is I know we go to the bank counting a little over a 1.3 million. I know we'll go up from there. How much up, I have no experience in this. This was all done for us in the past by HBO, which had experience, charts and all kinds of data from past fights to compare the fight to. Showtime can't do it because they haven't done this in so long. They don't have the database that you need, but I'm feeling very, very happy because I know I've done at least 1.3 million.

"How far over we are remains to be seen, and I have no way to make a prediction. Obviously, on the outstanding systems we did something. So that will determine how much above 1.3 million. But I don't think we have enough outstanding numbers to say we will be over 1.4 million, so I think we will wind up somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 million."

none of these #'s are official...just predictions by Arum....it clearly says that in the article. he says..."Showtime can't do it because they haven't done this in so long. They don't have the database that you need, but I'm feeling very, very happy because I know I've done at least 1.3 million"

Comment

Pacquiao-Mosley didnt do a million PPVs and Mosley is more known than Marquez. With the recent PPV's in boxing like Mayweather-Ortiz and Hopkins-Dawson leaving fans pissed off, do you see fans shelling out another $60 for Pacquiao-Marquez? Both fighters are foreign fighters and Marquez's biggest PPV was vs Mayweather.

UFC is giving a free card on FOX that same night.

If this fight doesnt break a million PPVs will this force Arum to finally want to make the fight since it would be obvious (especially after the Mosley-Pac fight didnt do a million), that fans are no longer interested in Pacquiao fighting anyone but Mayweather?

How likely is it that Pacquiao-Marquez III breaks a million PPV's?

Pacquiao vs Clottey did 700,000 ppv and that didn't force Bob to put Pacman in the ring with Floyd.

With that said......Pacquiao vs Marquez will do 1 million easy.

Only about 40,000 - 50,000 bought Hopkins vs Dawson , so not many fans to be pissed off about that fight.

As far as May vs Ortiz.........I got my money's worth, and alot of people I know enjoyed watching Ortiz go to sleep.

Comment

Plus the 24/7 is doing a really good job. I can see casual boxing fans getting hyped up and excited about it.

Comment

Dan Rafael: Mayweather-Ortiz does 1.25 million

Dan Rafael: Pac-Mosley does 1.3 million

However, one is a lie and one is true?

Comment

Manny's fights don't sell as well as Floyd's, so it's probably a given that it won't do as well. If you stack Manny's fights next to Floyd's, Floyd sells better, obviously he doesn't fight as often but the guy has the top three PPV's of all time under his belt.

As much as I'd like to think that folks tune into a match for the match itself, I'm not so sure that's completely true. I think boxing fans buy the fighter and the personality. Manny Pacquiao is a demon from hell in the ring but on "24/7" he's a dead bug eyed carp roasting in the summer sun. Because of the language barrier, Manny's true personality can't be communicated effectively for promotional purposes, so I think it naturally makes sense that a U.S. fighter would do better here than in, let's say, the Phillipines.

The only thing that will make Mayweather vs Pacquiao happen is if Bob Arum and Floyd Mayweather come to some sort of arrangement, that's it.

Comment

If you don't think Pacquiao-Marquez breaks a million after Pacquiao-Margarito (1.2 mil) and Pacquiao-Mosley (1.3 mil) did well over that barrier back-to-back despite being unpopular 'boycotted' fights, put your money where your mouth is. Put your account up, it's ***** hunting season, I'll kill 2 birds with one stone that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                  Manny's fights don't sell as well as Floyd's, so it's probably a given that it won't do as well. If you stack Manny's fights next to Floyd's, Floyd sells better, obviously he doesn't fight as often but the guy has the top three PPV's of all time under his belt.

As much as I'd like to think that folks tune into a match for the match itself, I'm not so sure that's completely true. I think boxing fans buy the fighter and the personality. Manny Pacquiao is a demon from hell in the ring but on "24/7" he's a dead bug eyed carp roasting in the summer sun. Because of the language barrier, Manny's true personality can't be communicated effectively for promotional purposes, so I think it naturally makes sense that a U.S. fighter would do better here than in, let's say, the Phillipines.

The only thing that will make Mayweather vs Pacquiao happen is if Bob Arum and Floyd Mayweather come to some sort of arrangement, that's it.
                  I agree Pac is dead boring outside the ring. But I believe Pac and May sells differently, while Floyd does it well with his mouth and attitude outside the ring, Pac has his previous performances does it for him. Completely different.

Imo, Floyd's PPV will be on the decline starting his last fight if he doesnt step up. Casual as well as hardcore boxing fans were saying they wont buy Floyd's next ppv if he's not fighting Pac, I'm sure you too already heard that.

Comment

If Mayweather-Marquez didn't happen this fight would bring like 1.4 million buys but as it is right now I see this fight doing from 900K to 1.1 million buys.

Comment

Pacquiao-Mosley didnt do a million PPVs and Mosley is more known than Marquez. With the recent PPV's in boxing like Mayweather-Ortiz and Hopkins-Dawson leaving fans pissed off, do you see fans shelling out another $60 for Pacquiao-Marquez? Both fighters are foreign fighters and Marquez's biggest PPV was vs Mayweather.

UFC is giving a free card on FOX that same night.

If this fight doesnt break a million PPVs will this force Arum to finally want to make the fight since it would be obvious (especially after the Mosley-Pac fight didnt do a million), that fans are no longer interested in Pacquiao fighting anyone but Mayweather?

How likely is it that Pacquiao-Marquez III breaks a million PPV's?
                      Funny that this TS is only focused on one side of the coin. What if the reversed happened, what then? Would it force Mayweather to finally negotiate with Arum?

Why not just man up and fight regardless of this PPV bull****?

;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X